Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way I read the dana 60 bible tech artical. It seems like all dodge dana 60 front axles with king pins, open knuckles and 30 spline outer stub shafts had 35 spline inner axle shafts is this true. I have a dodge dana 60 with 3.45 gears and an open diff. I am putting 4.56 gears in it, buying a locker and want to make sure I get the right one. Dont have time to pull the inner axles right now but I want to buy the locker tomorrow. I cant seem to find the ID plate on the axle.It is probably gone. the axle is leaf sprung and I am unsure what year dodge it came out of. I know this is the chev forum but it is going into a chev, I also posted in the dodge forum and I know some of you guys are like encyclopedias when it comes to dana 60s

·
Registered
454 Posts
Is your question are dodge 60's 35 spline inner?

If so the answer is yes. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does thanks alot. that is waht I thought but just needed some hand holding. I think that the only non 35 spline inner shaft dana 60s are the coil sprung ones. Am I correct

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
35 spline def dana 61's are non 35 splined inners i believe
no there 35 spline inner. the difference is the 61 fronts is the dodges only come in oddball gears like 3.07s, i think 3.45s (which was in post #1 which makes me think he might have a 61) and 4.10s i believe. you cant re-gear these without using a special spacer (its roughly a 1/4" thick spacer that measures .404/.414 something like that) that goes in between the ring gear and locker or new carier. then you are allowed to re-gear it to any choice you would like. the reason for this was because the pinion was so big in the higher gears it had to be slightly moved over in order to fit right in the diff accordingly.

·
From Stock to Rock
1,779 Posts
Yea check out the bom on the tube it sounds like a 61 to me with a 3:54 ratio just got finished with putting 5:13s in a 61 did run a spacer and you are lucky you have the right carrier for the gear app. cause Dana discontinued it .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a 61 thx for the concearn though. it has 60f cast into the webbing. dana 61s say 61f. I cant read the stamp on he long axle tube it looks like it is gone or worn off. that i the first place I looked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts