Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1979 Ford hp d60, OEM neck down inner shafts with OEM Chevy 30 spline outer shafts. Solid axle Chevy knuckles, Chevy spindles, Chevy brakes, and Yukon hardcore hubs.

Outer stubs shaft have 2 snap ring grooves, 1 really close to the end of the spindle and one real close to the end of the shaft. Yukon shows using the outside one after assembling the hubs which I understand. Problem though is I'm not getting the correct preload per say on the butterfly seal and spacer to seal the stub axle to the back side of the spindle, I was afraid this was going to happen when I installed the hubs and just confirmed it after finding water and mud in the spindle bearings while tearing everything down for locker issues.

I've looked at billavista d60 bible and other illustrations but cant find anything that shows the inner snap ring groove being used. If I remember right I even tried putting a snap ring in there when I was installing the hubs and it made it so the hubs wouldn't go together.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody with a stock GM or dodge I would assume be the same able to check their snap ring orientation for me?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
There's some good info in here about spacers and/or cutting a new snap ring groove to pull the stub into the seal better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts