Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of tearing apart a 1997 D60 out of a F350. I'm going to swap it into my 1994 F250. I had a couple of questions. I'm trying to make the front posi (to go with the rear which already is). I don't want to use an electric locker or an air locker. I've heard things about Aussie Lockers, but on their site I can't find anything for a D60. What are my options? Who makes them? Where do I find one? I've looked on ebay and have found both TrueTrac and Detroit lockers? Is one better than the other?

My other question is where do I find the stock brake dust guards? I beat up both getting the spindles out.

Thanks - terry

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Spartan drop in locker from Randy's ring and pinion is the best deal going at $317 that I'm aware of. You can also get a drop in lock rite for the rear from them for $400. But call Randy's because its cheaper to order over the phone. As far as the dust guards go I would recomend the junkyard, but check and see if the ones from your TTB will work too. You can also get them new (or any ford truck part for that matter) from www.broncograveyard.com for $59 a piece.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-415
www.ringpinion.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.

One other thing - I need the drop bracket. I've got everything else. I think my dust guards will work, but I was seeing if I could get new ones cheaply and not have to take my ttb all apart.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
By "the drop bracket", are you refering to the one for the track bar? If so, google search it, ask www.sky-manufacturing.com but until I know what one you're talking about I can't help you any more than that.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Knuckles out from your TTb will be the same, except for the TTB brake calipers. Your 94' calipers are the "slide" style, while the 96'-97' are bolt on. Other than that, everything should be the same.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
If you are not lifting it, and don't want to buy it new, junkyard will be your best bet I would think. If you want to buy it new, google 1997 F-350 track bar bracket, and it will be around $125. If you are lifting it, then Sky may have one, or fab one up out of 3/16" or 1/4" plate. I called Rough Country, but they don't sell them, so go to a site like Rocky Mountain Suspension that sells many different lift kits and then find that kit manufacturer's site, get their phone number from their contact page and call around. From what I have been able to tell by looking at my 1990 F350 and my 88 F250 it should bolt in in place of one of your TTB brackets/ the holes are already in the crossmember. I'm about to begin a SAS as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somebody has a track bar bracket for sale on ebay now go check it out. Dont remember the price though. Search for-Ford dana 60
Looked today. Couldn't find it. Looked all over the internet, but all I could find were for lifted vehicles. trying calling LMC, Summit, JC Whitney, and a bunch of others with no luck. Gonna hit the junk yards tomorrow. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looked today. Couldn't find it. Looked all over the internet, but all I could find were for lifted vehicles. trying calling LMC, Summit, JC Whitney, and a bunch of others with no luck. Gonna hit the junk yards tomorrow. Any other ideas?
If you need one for a lifted application I think I have one that is brand new. If you want I'll try and dig it out in the next couple days and take some pics. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Went to ebay just a while ago. Type this item number in on the ebay search bar....250597253365... this is the auction for that bracket has 2 days 16hours left and a buy it now for $65.00. Dont go to ebay motors just type it in the regular ebay search bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts