Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've personally never heard of any axle like this but a guy i know has a D60 and this is whats inside... is it any good.. how hard would it be to upgrade to 35 splines and 1.5" shafts? more work than its worth? Thanks for anybody's input.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Originally posted by Rockbuggy:
<STRONG>I've personally never heard of any axle like this but a guy i know has a D60 and this is whats inside... is it any good.. how hard would it be to upgrade to 35 splines and 1.5" shafts? more work than its worth? Thanks for anybody's input.</STRONG>
Actually it is not a dana 60 if it has 23 spline inch and half axles.Those were used in old dana 70 rear's from 1970 and earlier and were a common mainstaple rear axle in the kaiserM715..Unless someone modifed the 60 rear to hold those axles it is most likley a 70 rear.Detroit still makes a locker for it.Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
if he wants to sell it let me no it came out of a A body dodge and it is a 60 with the 23 spline inners hard to find if the houesing isnt hacked on i would want it

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Originally posted by GearMan:
<STRONG>if he wants to sell it let me no it came out of a A body dodge and it is a 60 with the 23 spline inners hard to find if the houesing isnt hacked on i would want it</STRONG>
what year "a-body" and what type of vehicle? is it out of a car? It isn't in the spicer catalog..b-body and e-body is ;but, no "a body"..Thanx for the info.

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: onetonwillysands10 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.