Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
strolling through local junk yard and stop to look at a big pig...Looked at my friend jay, he looked at me and we decided to leave before we did anything rash

Its at the Fremont Pick-n-pull on mowry ave. It is in a ford...I think it is 5 lug and semi float

Someone come get this bad boy

also there are some waggy 60's

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Originally posted by xextr3m3:
<STRONG>strolling through local junk yard and stop to look at a big pig...Looked at my friend jay, he looked at me and we decided to leave before we did anything rash

Its at the Fremont Pick-n-pull on mowry ave. It is in a ford...I think it is 5 lug and semi float

</STRONG>

Rear?

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Here is an question, what does a track loc on a 60 look like? My friend has one with what looks like a detroit in it. The guy we bought it from said that it had a track loc in it. We think it's a detroit, because it is a full case. It is out of a 69 Ford.

Erin

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
You don't even have to pull the cover back off to see if it is a detroit jack up both rear wheels put the trans in park or in gear. spin one wheel backwards hard and hold it there. Someone on the other side of the vehicle should be able to spin that wheel forward and get it to make the detroit ratcheting soundand the tire should be totally free it spin in that direction but not backwards. If it is a track lock or other limited slip when you are trying to spin that other tire forward you won't be able to, or if it is a worn out limited slip (like most of them are) you will be able to spin it forward with some effort but it will make the tire on the opposite side spin backwards at the same rate. If when you spin one forward the other spins backwards and there isn't much effort involved then it is just an open diff.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is a rear...it wouldnt still be there if it was a front...we tried to spin it but the brakes were frozen....It looked just like the only other detroit that I have seen....it was in an early(pre63) ford truck

oh and the wagoneers, it was what looked like a waggy and the rear end was to big to be a 44

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: xextr3m3 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts