Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dana 60 from a 76 f-350 30 spline, full floating. will this axle hold up to 42 or 44 in tires? Would I be better off with the 35 spline?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
35 spline shafts are about $320
a 14bolt would be cheaper and would come with 1.562 dia. axles not 1.310 like a 30 spline 60.

·
Registered
265 Posts
EDIT

Here are three pics comparing a 14 bolt FF shaft to a Dana 60 FF 30 spline shaft.
If money is a concern I would hunt down a 14 bolt instead. It won't be a hard search... I have three of them in my shop right now. You can find them all over the place.

I make bolt on disc brake brackets for them too. $100 CDN or $65 US

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
OnetonCJ: Nice kit. What would you estimate the final bill to be on a complete conversion? Do you suggest Wildwood calipers or just getting some 3/4 ton Chebby ones? What about hubs and rotors? Is there a rotor that works with a FF hub?

Thanks dood, I'm asking cause I'll be picking up a 14 bolt to start converting to replace my crappy dually 70. :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
LOPPY said:
OnetonCJ: Nice kit. What would you estimate the final bill to be on a complete conversion? Do you suggest Wildwood calipers or just getting some 3/4 ton Chebby ones? What about hubs and rotors? Is there a rotor that works with a FF hub?

Thanks dood, I'm asking cause I'll be picking up a 14 bolt to start converting to replace my crappy dually 70. :D
Heres my 14 bolt hubs, I used '73 3/4 Chevy D44 front rotors($25/piece, Aimco Part # 5523) and 3/4 Chevy calipers from Autozone. I used shakerbuilts disk brake brackets:

·
Registered
265 Posts
LOPPY said:

Sorry, haven't been able to connect to POR last day or so.

The brackets are designed to use Chevy calipers (D52 style), and Chevy rotors with the stock 14 bolt FF hub.
The rotor pictured is from a 79 GM 3/4 ton 4x4 as are the rotors.

PM me or email me if you want a bit more info.

email

Dean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts