Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 85 jeep Cherokee and i am putting dana 60's on it. i have not desided whether i should leaf it or link it. any ideas on what one would be better and if possible cheaper. i am also putting a Mercedes diesel motor into it because it has the stock 2.5L 4 banger. just wanted some ideas on steering and street legal tips.

thank you! :smokin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Even if you leaf it, you'll still need to link it to take care of that axle wrap. The cherokees are known to be top heavy, and running links and coils will definitely help your stability. I'm starting an XJ build up for a friend of mine and we are 14 bolt, double triangulated in the rear and D60 3 link w/ panhard in the front. If you're short on cash, link the front and leaf the rear.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
cheaper? leaf(ves). by a lot. you'll need to build some traction bars to keep the axle wrap away though.

however, if you're going to have to spend money on some new (or used or whatever) leaf springs to get it going, I'd say save up some cash and just go straight to links because $10 says you'll end up there eventually anyway. no sense in wasting money on a leaf suspension.

what kind of terrain do you do?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im at placerville, so rubicon and close to fordice... so this is why im asking questions. it is better to have many answers than one answer!!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
To keep it simple I'd roll with a 3 link front. Then roll with a bastard pack in teh rear with a traction link. go get some S-10 leaves and mix you up a nice pack.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
fawk it. if you've gotta spend money on it, might as well just make it a good investment. I mean, you'd eventually link it anyway, right? Just do it right the first time.

3 link/panhard the front with histeer and hydro assist, 4 link double triangulate the rear. done. (easy to type it, isn't it?)

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts