Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where I can get either 10-lug hubs for a Dana 60 OR 8-lug hubs for a Dana 80?

I have been looking all over Tha Innernet all night... I have only been able to find out that the new FatBoy 60 on the StupidDuty has a 10-lug front, but no info at all on anything else.

Why? you ask? Because today I saw a sweet 10-lug 80 rear w/discs, and it's got me all in a lather. 10-lug rims would rock on an M715... AND, it's not the same old 60/14bolt swap. That's why. :flipoff2:

I'm gonna call Six States later, but I'm appealing here first. Anyone? THANK YOU, in advance.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I would check on redrilling the hubs to either, whichever is better. Mine were only $40 to precision bore 8 holes on both.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
just find another 3500HD with an aftermarket 4x4 conversion...then it will have a nicely matched 10 lug dana 70 front axle :smokin:

seriously though...I'd just get the hybrid dana 80 rear axle from late model dodges with the Cummins and a manual tranny. already 8 lug, 2001.5 and up are disc braked (i think) and more beef than you probably need :flipoff2:

...they only have 35 spline axles, but steve gerstner told me that chromo 35 spline axles are alot stronger than stock dana 80 37 spline pieces...so really there is no point to even mess with the 10 lug '80.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
tacoma73 said:
anyone know where I can get either 10-lug hubs for a Dana 60 OR 8-lug hubs for a Dana 80?

I have been looking all over Tha Innernet all night... I have only been able to find out that the new FatBoy 60 on the StupidDuty has a 10-lug front, but no info at all on anything else.

Why? you ask? Because today I saw a sweet 10-lug 80 rear w/discs, and it's got me all in a lather. 10-lug rims would rock on an M715... AND, it's not the same old 60/14bolt swap. That's why. :flipoff2:

I'm gonna call Six States later, but I'm appealing here first. Anyone? THANK YOU, in advance.
This 10 lug is 7.25" bolt pattern, the flange on dana 60 hubs is too small for this pattern. Dynatrac has these 10 lug hubs for the dodge or chevy 60 fronts. steve

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh no! That means I could actually DO that... that's cool. Thanks man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The dana 80 u found is from a 3500 HD chevy only a 2wd monroe truck convereted these to 4x4 with an 8 lug dana 70 with 8 to 10 lug hub adapters

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Find an 8 lug D80. They came in Dodges and Fords I believe. I have an 8 lug D80 sitting in my garage that was going to go under my buggy till I found a good deal on a 14bff that was already locked and geared. My D80 is from my 98.5 Dodge CTD w/manual trans. It is the Hybrid axle with 35 spl shafts and I believe D70 outers. The hybrid from what I can find/seen is a D80 chunk with D70 outers. If you want the 37spl version you will have to find the Ford (which might be 10lug only) or swap in a 37spl Detroit locker or 37spl carrier.

Harley

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I have 10 lug wheel bearing hubs for the Ford Dana 60. They have been sitting on the shelf since I started working here 12 years ago.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts