Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have searched and searched, and I can't find any info on here so I will give you guys allt he info I have and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I have a Dana 80 DRW from a Chevy 3500HD C&C that had a flat bed on it. It is the 10 lug style hubs and uses the internal spline with a dust cover on the hubs. I wanna convert to SRW with 8 lugs so I can run a set of 8 lug rims I already have.

I am looking for info on swapping hubs, cause well I need to! Secondly I need to find a place where I can buy said hubs. And axles! I need axles!!!! Also need info on making/keeping the rear disk brakes.

I appreciate the help and hope to get a answer so I can do a swap. Thanks guys!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-Dodge-Ram-2500-REAR-HUB-differential-bearings-00-02-/140591207349#vi-content

I found those, I assume they are all I really need Hub wise, from there its just brakes/rotor and axle shafts.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
The dodge 8 lug D80s are hybrids which have d70 outers. Converting your D80 to 8 lug isn't that straight forward and may not be doable without changing spindles.

·
Cotton Farmer
203 Posts
The Dodge hub will not work. The 3500HD Dana 80 uses a bigger (2.25") bearings than any of the 8 lug hubs. You can turn down your hubs and redrill it for 8x6.5" pattern. You will have to weld up 2 holes. I have been told www.racinginthedirt.com will make a custom alluminum hub for this axle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts