Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use Dana 80's in their rigs? Any info on them? Like what did they come in? Also is their such thing as a Dana 80 Front?

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have one in my tow rig :D i know they were an option in alot of the newer ram 2500 and 3500 with the cummins

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Many of the handicap buses are front wheel drive and use a D80 front axle. The rear is single wheel for a flat floor for wheelchairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
i have one in my tow rig :D i know they were an option in alot of the newer ram 2500 and 3500 with the cummins
They were standard in the '94-'02 2500 Cummins powered Rams with a manual and all Cummins powered 3500s.

Gus

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i might be using one in my trail rig if i can get ahold of one. easier to go to 37 spline shafts than a D70 :D

i will have to shave it as much as possible though...what do you want to know?

·
Registered
951 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I am debating on what housings to run under my bgi block Ramcharger. I was originaly thinking about rockwells but I figured the 80's might be a bit easier to get ahold of and retrofit.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Thanks guys. I am debating on what housings to run under my bgi block Ramcharger. I was originaly thinking about rockwells but I figured the 80's might be a bit easier to get ahold of and retrofit.

Thanks
Rocks will be cheaper to source and build than 80s.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which do you think would be the tougher setup in the end? A Dana 60 front, Dana 80 Rear or a set of Rockwells? I think I can source a Dana 80 Rear fairly reasonable from the local scrapper.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts