Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has done this in a TJ yet?

I am thinking about swapping in a HP D44 passenger side drop front axle and then fitting a dana300.

Means I wouldn't need to spend the coin on the flip kit.

Potential problems are:

Any drive shaft to oil pan clearance as it is all moved across to the passenger side?

Any problems with the exhaust routing? headers mainly I guess

Do you need to do some work to get the shifters into the cab?

anything else?

:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
It is done all the time. Search for Dana300 and you'll get all the answers you could want. YJ threads are relevant.
Cord

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ausjeepoffroad.com said:

I am thinking about swapping in a HP D44 passenger side drop front axle and then fitting a dana300.
:)
You'll have to retube a Ford HP44 for pass. drop fit or have a custom housing built.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Private message 1tontj. He's got a dana 300 in a tj with a pass side 60 up front.

Bob

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Am I right in guessing that because you are in Australia that your passenger side is our driver side, This would be the need to flip the trans case to the PASS side. You will have clearance probs if you are running a stock auto tranny. The pot on the HP 44 is 1.5-2.0 inches closer to the ctr. The d300 is about 1.0 shorter between the input and front output. This puts the front drive shaft into the trany pan. With a std trany it will clear but it may come very close to the exhaust when it flexes up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts