Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, trying to help a buddy put in a easy locker but I am new to this c-clip thing. How do you get em out?? We are here and greasy ;)

I took out the pin, and the 2 smaller spider gears, along with the bearing caps. I can see the c-clips in the spider gears but they need to be pressed in. There is some weird clip on the side thrust washers but trying to get it out I broke part of it and still can't figure out how to get it out..

thanks!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
remove cross pin, push axle shafts in (towards the ring gear), c clips should fall out, if not use a magnet, pull axle shafts out, remove spider gears, replace with locker.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you keep all the thrust washers in? The ones that are splined don't fit over the locker and the directions say to use one thrust washer so we used the one slick one the rest are ridged and we left them out. These directions SUCK. I have put in a dozens yota ones - damn jeeps ;)

If I use the spined thrust washers I gotta grind to make em fit, how cheezy is that?

·
Registered
186 Posts
STOP

your gonna start breaking axles..
your having a hard time with it here in town..
imagine what a bitch it'll be on the trail in the dirt..
been there, it SUCKS

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a piece of crap - I ground the thrust washers to get em to fit, how he has a spool..

·
Registered
200 Posts
They make two verions. One for ABS and one without. the side gears for the abs verion are bigger than the none abs.Make sure you have the right locker.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well actually it is ok - but I did have to grind the grooved thrust washers. All's well, I think ;)

I can't believe they use a rubber fill plug and it isn't threaded!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts