Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having one of them times when if it can go wrong it will go wrong and this simple brake conversion just about has me worn out.

next problem. I was told I could use ford front rotors with the monte carlo metric calipers, however the rotors are about and 1/8 inch to thick...I really dont want to turn down new rotors.

I have CJ rotors on my front dana 44, they would work fine the way the look, however I am not sure what year the rotors are, and I have a junk dana 30 out in the garage and the rotors on it are the same width as the ford rotors, so I come to the conclusion that the cj's had 2 different width rotors. The thickness difference is not in the friction area but in the width of the the vent so they are not different do to turning them down.

I think the thinner rotors came off a 1980 w/ a 4 popper but i cant be for sure...can anyone tell me how I can be sure to order the right rotors the first time(well second time now) I get a discount at a local auto parts store and they dont stock cj rotors and I would like to only have to order them once. Its a bit of a drive to the bigger chain stores so I was hoping somebody could help me out.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Why not gring down your pads a little and not worry about it. I had to to it on my disk brake 9" rear. I have f150 rotors and caddy calipers and I had to take some off the pads so they would fit. It is no big deal just make sure u grind them flat.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Info from 4 Wheel Drive Hardware catalog:
'77 - '78 CJ is 1 1/8"
'78 - '86 CJ is 7/8" thick

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info from 4wd, I tried to get into there site twice to see if i could figure it our before posting but it kept coming up "server not found" Not sure what the problem was.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
coupla #'s on my rotors. 5363421 might be a stocking # that harvey used for the shop. and stamped on back 104622c.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts