Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a V-8 conversion in my FJ40. I want to install a vortec motor and maybe a nv4500 transmission. I do not know much about Wardens work on conversions and thought I would ask around to see if he does good work..Does anyone have Pros or Cons of this shop? Just doing some checking before I drop the Bling Bling on a V-8.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I dont know whose workin for Danny these days, maybe someone on this board does. Back when I worked there, it was mainly Jeff(now Hangtown Extreme)Rod and I doing the conversions. Take a look at some of his (shops work). That will tell you right there. Also give Jeff a call. He does some killer fabin'.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Danny is closing his shop so I don't think he will be an option...

Jim

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
simon @ faultlinefab.com is doing a vortec/4L60e/203/split case conversion on my wif'e fj60 right now. he does super clean work at a very reasonable price. check him out for sure!;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
70Cruzer said:
hands down call faultline fab
he has a web site
www.faultlinefab.com
I think, but contact georg (orangefj45) for more info
awesome work and an excellent guy to work with.
:eek: I forgot all about Simon !

I agree, check out Simon's shop, Simon is real cool to work with and he does great work and more important he's a Cruiser Wheelin addict just like the rest of us .:D

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
I know Marlin has a new Cruiser experienced Fabricator from Utah.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
cruzila said:
I know Marlin has a new Cruiser experienced Fabricator from Utah.

Andy is his name, he did some work for me on my FJ-40, used to work for All Pro Offroad and before that was one of the main guys at Cruiser Outfitters.

I would let Andy do my work over anyone, hell of a fabricator and a Cruiser expert.:D

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
ROCK HUGGER said:

Danny is closing shop but keeping the business, he can be reached through his website and email.
I don't understand, is he just going to sell parts etc thru the web or what?
Butch

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankx for all the info out there...Sounds as if Wardens did good work...No one wrote about any conversions gone bad..But it looks like I may have to shop some place else anyway..I will do some more looking..

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Slowerthanu said:
...Andy is his name, he did some work for me on my FJ-40, used to work for All Pro Offroad and before that was one of the main guys at Cruiser Outfitters.

I would let Andy do my work over anyone, hell of a fabricator and a Cruiser expert.:D
I couldn't say enough good things about the work that Andy can perform.. the dude is a true artist... Seems liek he will make a great addition to Marlin just as he did to All Pro and Cruiser Outfitters... :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If your in Oakland, Give Ron at Custom Cruisers in Gilroy a call.

408-842-3540\

Or Email him

cruise13.ix.netcom.com

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
since your tag line on here says that you're a fireman in oakland, i think one of your brothers in arms has had and is still having a major problem with a vortec conversion that danny did on his 55. i am not passing judgement here, but from what seth has described, it's been an absolute nightmare and right now his truck is at TLC. they quoted him $5k just to get the engine to run properly by rewiring it and replacing or reprograming the computer.
maybe that's why he's going to have simon look at it next?!;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
wardens lied to me 5 diferent times on delivery
date of a billet case.

but they had not charged my credet card.
ahead of time.

I ended up cancelling the order

1 - 20 of 30 Posts