Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1,000 miles ago, I found out about the automatic 80K check engine light. I also learned about the little "fix-it" switch to reset it. I flicked it and life was good...until late last week.

The Check engine, battery and brake light are lit up and I cannot figure out why. I tested the alt and it was good. No electircal issue. The CEL lights will not go off when I flick the fix-it switch. The lights are not on full 100% brightness, but bright enough to see in the day. It has been running fine over the last few days.

Is the Zuk trying to tell me I need to replace the 81K widget?

·
Registered
356 Posts
You have a short somewhere in the dash. Better get to work finding it, you wouldn't believe how fast your ride can go up in smoke! Not saying that will happen, but I wouldn't chance it. Do they come on with the switch, after the engine is running, etc... I'd look behind the cluster first.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights come on as soon as you start it.

Thanks, I'll poke around under the cluster...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sounds like the self-destruct sequence has been initiated.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sounds like hydroisolator. :flipoff2:

Pull the dash light fuse and see if that changes anything. If not then start pulling the other fuses 1 by 1 until the lights go out. If they don't then I would suggest some Gremlin RAID. Pulling the fuses will tell you a place to start looking.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'd give the alternator another look. I've never had an alternator die in my Samurai, but I have in my car. And when it did, those three lights came on. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts