Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one ever run their rig at Date flat?Went up there this weekend on the dirt bikes and it look fairly well traveled for as ruff as it is.Lots of challenging trails big rocks.Just wanted to see if any one has any trail time up there?

·
Registered
777 Posts
ive run it many times, its local to me, that main part of the trail is pretty easy aside from the loose hill climbs, however i think theres another section of trail that ive never seen that is pretty gnarly.

these are the only big rocks i know about

if you know about another part of the trail id be interested to find out about it, ive never seen a proper trail map there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are those the rocks down by the river?From what I hear there is some nasty spots up there.I have only been there once so not enough time to explore yet.

·
Registered
777 Posts
yes those are the rocks right at the river crossing, this is the only spot i know of that has rocks likes this on the trail, but one time when we were just starting the trail we drove by a group of built toyotas who were all broken, i think their group lost like 3 r&ps and they mentioned something about a rocky stair step hill climb that you can only access by driving up one of the creeks. I really dont know where that is or if its even a legit trail, but if it is id like to know more about it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yes those are the rocks right at the river crossing, this is the only spot i know of that has rocks likes this on the trail, but one time when we were just starting the trail we drove by a group of built toyotas who were all broken, i think their group lost like 3 r&ps and they mentioned something about a rocky stair step hill climb that you can only access by driving up one of the creeks. I really dont know where that is or if its even a legit trail, but if it is id like to know more about it.
Ya my buddy knows where that water fall is.I will have to ask him again if it is a legit trail I am sure he has only been thru on a bike.I will see if I can get a good direction also.

Crap I live within a hour and didn't even know about it, I am gonna have to check it out. How do you get there?
Go into Culterville and take Dogtown RD cant miss it it has sings.It took me hour and 20 min from Modesto thats loaded but no trailer.There is also a decent camp site with bathrooms.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmm so just out 132 to dog town..how far did you have to drive on dogtown rd?
Never been out that way, marking on my 'list' :smokin: (I can't get to those sites from my work, firewalls suck) would you say it is WAY better than Lagrange? Did you just ride or wheel also?
Burt

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm so just out 132 to dog town..how far did you have to drive on dogtown rd?
Never been out that way, marking on my 'list' :smokin: (I can't get to those sites from my work, firewalls suck) would you say it is WAY better than Lagrange? Did you just ride or wheel also?
Burt
It is different than Lagrange big,steep,rocky hills with some nasty ruts to boot.I have never wheeled at Date flat just rode.

·
Registered
291 Posts
OK, so would you make the time to take your Jeep up there or better for riding? :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
having run the trail a couple of times in my 4runner, id say its barely worth the drive for trucks or jeeps unless your local, unless of course you can find the other area that i have only heard about...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts