Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a dana 60 front axle for my K20, and I am gong to regear to 5.13.

I am thinking about not just getting a d60 for my K20. I am thinking about getting 2 new axles (d60, 14ff), since I'm regearing both axles (to 5.13), I'd like to have the 8-lug LS 10 bolt, and locked 14FF off of the K20 for the Hoe (they are both 4.56). Once I get my welding equipment and I take those classes next year (I am taking welding classes next year, and one of my dad's best friends is a professional welder), I should be able to do an SAS really cheap. I'd need to buy an np208 though.

So do you think I should get both axles, and regear them both to 5.13? I am going to do an SAS on the Tahoe sometime down the road, but I am not sure as to when. Once I graduate from high school, the Tahoe is going to have to be strong enough to be able to pull another truck. I am going to switch out all the drivetrain except the motor, and the tranny for stronger stuff. I'll mod the motor, and put guages & coolers & such on the Tranny.

You think this sounds like a good idea?

*EDIT* I can score an np203 for like $50. I am thinking that I could use that with a np203/np205 doubler (use them on the 78), and use the part time np203 (from the 78) on the Tahoe instead of a np208?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Sounds like a decent plan, I would pick up the pair gear them then do the swap in a day and not have the down time

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am giong to use the 203 that I already have with the 205/203 doubler (in future for 78).

and buy a 208 for the Tahoe. Right now I ahve the pushbutton 4wd. Will I just need to cut into the floor, and set up a shift lever then?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts