Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deathsycthe02 1989 Toyota Pickup "SAS"

hey guys new to the site, Ive finally decided to do a solid axle swap on my 1989 Toyota Pickup. Its a v6 3.0L currently sitting on 38inch swampers, even tho this isn't a wheeler im tired of taking it up in the snow or mud and breaking stuff. I picked up an 83 axle last night and im gonna get the trail gear kit as soon as i sell my other yota.

Heres my other yota 87 22ret sas

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I say enstead of selling the ret swapping the 3rd gen body on the 87 frame have a better motor and already sased frame..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not really a fan of the 22ret, the r151 is nice but in my 89 i would rather do like a 3.4 supercharged or the supra 2jz turbo, and the red trucks frame is powdercoated/cleaner/and its extended cab. and a sas isnt to bad

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Oh damn a 2jz swap... Haha I had that idea it was short lived.. A 3.4 would be good or 1uz... I'm doing a 1uz and a 2rz.. Anyways both rigs look legit.. What springs you gonna run?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh damn a 2jz swap... Haha I had that idea it was short lived.. A 3.4 would be good or 1uz... I'm doing a 1uz and a 2rz.. Anyways both rigs look legit.. What springs you gonna run?

ha well thanks man, im not gonna think about a motor swap till this one goes(hopefully never :p). Im gonna use the trail gear 5'' HD springs.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Damn- I would say you are selling the wrong one but it sounds like you have bigger plans for the red one and I know how nice it is to have that extra cab space!

Edit: Just read the springs you are going to use and all I can tell you is do some research on this board before you go with 5" springs. If you do anything more than a 4" spring, the air becomes so thin you need oxygen masks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Damn- I would say you are selling the wrong one but it sounds like you have bigger plans for the red one and I know how nice it is to have that extra cab space!

Edit: Just read the springs you are going to use and all I can tell you is do some research on this board before you go with 5" springs. If you do anything more than a 4" spring, the air becomes so thin you need oxygen masks!
yeah ill have to check it out some more before i decide for sure, i was gonna just get the 5'' and take a leaf out if needed to level it,theirs about 6inchs of lift right now, 4inch ifs lift with cranked torsions so i figured the 5inch would be good, its my daily drive and i only snow wheel it and take chicks to mess around in the mud ;) hahahaha.

As for selling the white one, i pretty much have all the dents pulled out of it and its half way in primer, im planning on putting a nice paint job on it and selling it. I didn't want to ruin a factory 22ret truck, its got all the emblems and such so i figured someone would enjoy it and its to rare to just beat you no.
After i get the white one sold, and do the sas to the red one. i wanna get a beat pickup/4runner weld the 3rd members, duals, cut to fit like 35's and just beat it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So i sold the white yota, thats what it looked like after paint

Ready to Start on my 89 now,

Trail Gear HD springs

Trail Gear ifs Eliminator, 5:29 gears, Spartan Locker, 27 Spline Chromoly Birfield Kit, Creeper Gussets....

Getting the axle ready

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
How much did you get for the RET?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Step away from the fish eye lense... Truck looks nice, wish I would have started with a extra cab.

·
Registered
597 Posts
thanks! i couldnt live with a single cab way to small. is that a negative on the fish eye?
Yeah, I keep debating on either doing a cab swap or a walk through for more room. Not at all the time, just took me a second to realize what was happening :homer:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Fisheye lens are cool! At the right times.. A guy I know that's a photographer uses it alot and getssome sweet pics wheeling.

Nice shot of Justins runner btw :flipoff2:

ha, yeah hes helping with the SAS.

Yeah, I keep debating on either doing a cab swap or a walk through for more room. Not at all the time, just took me a second to realize what was happening :homer:
Ha :smokin:

:eek:

Seems like all pre-Tacoma trucks are going way up in price.
thats a good thing right, makes the value of ours go up, watch in like 30 years their gonna be a collector items.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow saw your white rig on CL. Congrats on the 8k, I guess a sucker is born every day.
hey i wouldn't say he was a sucker lol he was from Hawaii their into different style of Toyota's, you gotta admit that is one of the cleanest 2 gens around. I went threw everything on that truck, new motor, turbo, all the works, Both Axles where rebuilt, Fresh paint. It was like a brand new truck, with all the receipts. but yeah im pretty happy about the money:D

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
thats a good thing right, makes the value of ours go up, watch in like 30 years their gonna be a collector items.
I doubt there will be anything left of my truck in 30 years :laughing:

hey i wouldn't say he was a sucker lol he was from Hawaii their into different style of Toyota's, you gotta admit that is one of the cleanest 2 gens around. I went threw everything on that truck, new motor, turbo, all the works, Both Axles where rebuilt, Fresh paint. It was like a brand new truck, with all the receipts. but yeah im pretty happy about the money:D

It looks like a clean truck. I wasn't saying it wasn't worth it, just prices for Toyota's seem to be getting crazy

Build is looking good, I'll stop hi jacking now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well got my spartan locker for the front today, still waiting on the install kit before the third can be setup should be here any day. Going with a solid pinion spacer to. Welded the front diff armor on, got pretty much all the creeper gussets welded on minus the shock mounts, waiting to do that till the axle is under the truck. Probably going to start on it next week, only because thats when shop space will be available. O and the other spartan locker is for a buddy's rig. :shocked:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts