Pirate 4x4 banner

Deere 650 EX Trail Buck- Engine parts

7003 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  RJS ATV PARTS
I picked up a John Deere 650 EX Trail Buck, which is a rebaged Bombardier Quest 650.
The seller told me it was locked up, they had previously had to replace the crankshaft because they ran it out of oil.
It spun over fine, but had a bad noise, so I pulled the engine out and found spun rod bearings, if I had to guess they didn't replace the rod, which had stretched enough to allow the bearings to spin.

Now my problem is where to get parts for this thing, parts through Bombardier, or Deere is crazy expensive, $800 for a crank, $160 for a rod, $70 for rings. It seems crazy expensive.
I am hoping to get the crank machined, and put some undersized bearings in it, however no parts books show undersized bearings for this thing.

Any suggestions?
I picked it up cheap, but I would still prefer to not put $1500 into it to get it running
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I source most of my atv parts off eBay. You are buying used parts but I haven't had an issue yet.
I source most of my atv parts off eBay. You are buying used parts but I haven't had an issue yet.
Need used engine parts for a John Deere buck ,650 2006 bombardier engine
I purchased a 2005 trailbuck 650 and I been on the hunt for a cdi box and john deer wants 850$ but is there a unniversal cdi box I could use?
I purchased a 2005 trailbuck 650 and I been on the hunt for a cdi box and john deer wants 850$ but is there a unniversal cdi box I could use?
I have a couple
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.