Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2.5na is a little too slow so I'm swapping in an LS. I wanted to stay manual so I'm using an early GM (93) NV4500 transmission with a Nick's adapter to mate with the LT230 transfer case out of a disco 2. (I don't have the linkage for the disco TC so planned on using the one off my original 1.6 TC)

The distance between the two sticks is problematic and doesn't fit in the space available between firewall and seatbox.

Anyone have a way to relocate the NV stick to the rear so my TC can stay in it's original location? If not, anyway to relocate the linkage for the LT230?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great Basin Rovers sells the linkage for the D2 TC, would that one be a better fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
The D2 is cable operated, lets you locate it where required. Just remember that for CDL to work you'll need one off a 2004 or get the conversion kit from Ashcroft.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My first iteration of the racecar was an LS-NV-LT. I used the atlas cable shifter kit. With new throw pieces it worked well. I kept it as is when we changed to the 4L80.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If I'm not wrong he is using a female to male adapter for the trans. Basically, you turn the output shaft into a rover shaft which is making the entire assembly as strong as a rover. That may be okay depending on the use but seems like a shame. I would have thought someone would be offering edm'ed impute gears by now so you could just bolt it together and make the assembly much shorter and stronger. I should be selling all this, but I'm lazy and its expensive. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I'm not wrong he is using a female to male adapter for the trans. Basically, you turn the output shaft into a rover shaft which is making the entire assembly as strong as a rover. That may be okay depending on the use but seems like a shame. I would have thought someone would be offering edm'ed impute gears by now so you could just bolt it together and make the assembly much shorter and stronger. I should be selling all this, but I'm lazy and its expensive. :flipoff2:
If your going to that trouble, why not just stick an Atlas in there, can do front & rear digs then.

I guess going the route Nick did keeps it relatively 'bolt together' and gives him a reasonable number of sales to keep manufacturing costs sensible with decent small batches being manufactured.

At the end of the day, prob 90% of the trucks converted will only ever see mild mall crawling :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
If your going to that trouble, why not just stick an Atlas in there, can do front & rear digs then.

I guess going the route Nick did keeps it relatively 'bolt together' and gives him a reasonable number of sales to keep manufacturing costs sensible with decent small batches being manufactured.

At the end of the day, prob 90% of the trucks converted will only ever see mild mall crawling :D
That's true, its easier. The reason to do this for me was always the AWD and the rear offset. The small impute gear would have been a deal breaker for me. But I'm also really odd. So more power to him.

·
I build stuff
24,254 Posts

·
I build stuff
24,254 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the break down. I was shocked at the Y pipe and then thought about what a total PITA it is, I probably have 6-8 hrs into mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts