Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ennyone got a pair or two for sale? I need a set of fronts and have a friend who needs a set too. We are looking at getting some in Jolly Olde but it would be nice to find them closer.

Simon

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
If you can't find Defender calipers, but still want vented discs, I can provide a source in the UK for a spacer kit that rebuilds your current calipers wider to use the vented discs. If I recall, they ran about $120 a set shipped (for both calipers), includes necessary hardware and seals, etc.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have a set of RR dual circuit vented calipers I could sell you. You could either convert to single circuit or run two braided stainless lines to each caliper for the 'bling bling' factor.

Much cooler looking than dual shocks.:flipoff2:

-Jeff

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haste makes waste.

Well fawk. I ordered some nonvented calipers yesterday. Brand new take offs. I have seen pics and they are nice and bright and shiny. And the seller is a stand up guy I've dealt with before. So Jeff, thanks for the offer. The braided lines would go well with the chrome diff cover and ground effect neon I am planning.:D Dielucas, is your source Zeus? If so, I've already sent them an email (no reply yet), but if its someone else, PM me with the info! Otherwise, the spacers will have to be made. I need to use vented discs, cause my 109 will be a heavy beotch with the engine and transmission I am using. Thanks for the help folks. If any of you need a bent rover front axle housing or a bunch of trash 109 brake stuff, lemme know:flipoff2:

Simon

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whimper

Slade:flipoff2: Damn. why are you making this so hard for me duuuuuuuuuude? I wasn't planning rear discs, and now you've got me thinking that way. I can almost hear my bank account draining! If I keep going at this rate, I may end up extending the wheelbase and putting a big Ice cream truck box on the back! I'll think about it while I am getting ready this AM and when I am in a hearing all PM.

Simon

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spacer costs

Reviving this thread just in case anyone was thinking of modifying nonvented calipers to vented using off the shelf spacers. Zeus in England quoted me 130 GBP plus 70 GBP in shipping (!!!) for spacers for one axle. Thats about $350!!!!!!!!!!! BCB will be making them for me.
Simon

·
Registered
608 Posts
Serious One said:
hehehoofhfhooshshoohoohohohohehehehehohohohoheheheheheheheeeeee!!!

:flipoff2:
Hey Icecream guy!

I'll have 2 choc ices and a snocone. Anyone else want anything?

<grin>

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
The source is Autoland 4x4 in the UK.
If I recall, Zeus was not interested in selling anything but a complete kit (spacers, discs, pads, etc). Autoland 4x4 did sell the spacers separate from a kit, shipping was about 1/3-1/2 of the cost of the spacers :eek: But still not that bad.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
seems to me it would *still* be cheaper to get some old vented calipers and modify them.

Merv,

Your icecream is ready. You just need to come get it before it melts! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts