Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i stripped the 203 i got for my doubler over a year ago. and the main input/output ball bearings made there way under my bench grinder/drill press and ended up getting full of metal shavigns. so i found a doner 203 for the bearings. well as i drilled and started to tap my original gear box i started looking at the mess inside of the box and thinking of just drilling and taping my donor gear box and leaving the idler gears in so i dont have to mess with the 60 (or so it seems) needle bearings and washers/spacer. im thinking i can just stuff a rag in it to block all the shavings and the one hole i gotta drill where the idlers gears are just not drill completely through? what you guys think?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I like to get my shop vac and tape the hose down within a half inch of where im drilling. Gets pert near all the chips.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do what your gonna do but it not worth it. Its not hard to get the idler shaft and bearings out. at the very most its gonna take an hour to remove and install the shaft. if you get one little metal shaving in the wrong place, your going to have to do it all again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts