Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a deleted dodge and get past a smog test or live in a state that never tests that shit ?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Good luck with it passing, or wait, luck won't work, it can not pass at all. The truck will be hooked to a computer, that sees the vin# of the truck and reads the computer. Even if you get a smog guy to pass the visual illegally. The computer part will screw you.
I live in a county where you only need to smog when the vehicle is sold.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, had a guy overlook all the visual stuff but computer said no go. Somebody said after it fails it makes it so I will have to smog every year.

What states don't smog diesels ever. Maybe I could figure a way to register it there ??? Love the truck don't wanna give up with it

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yup, had a guy overlook all the visual stuff but computer said no go. Somebody said after it fails it makes it so I will have to smog every year.

What states don't smog diesels ever. Maybe I could figure a way to register it there ??? Love the truck don't wanna give up with it
Never heard of having to smog a diesel in Ga. The county I live in doesnt even check gassers, and no I will not register your truck in Ga for you :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
The thing I've run into when registering a vehicle in a state other than where you live is insureance. I have a house in another state and my insureance co. wants proof of ownership/residence to insure those vehicles. They want a utility bill or some other proof in your name to do it. Dunno if they all do this, but it's what I have found. I would say put all the stock shit on to make it pass, but I'm gathering you don't have the stock parts? It's easier to just have a legal truck.
Travis..

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
DE doesnt smog for over 6500lb. For smaller like my tdi jetta they just look for obd11 codes. Its a state inspection station and the monkeys there would not know what to look for if u deleted it. If you had a programer that kills the code then u would easily pass.

·
Registered
28,921 Posts
ohio doesn't care for 80 counties, but you'll never get something from out of state registered here.

maybe create one of those vegas corporations for $500?

·
old school idiot
1,594 Posts
my 06 is registered in bishop. no bi annual check. lots of the state is that way. look for a relative way out in the north 40 some where

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
One of my friends has all his junk registered here at my place and is stationed out in CA. Most of it sits in on base storage and he does not live far from base so being seen everyday is unlikely. But he knows what he is doing. He uses USAA for insurance and I am not sure where he told them it will be or if they ever asked.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The reward to your neighbors for turning in a vehicle registered in another state but living more than 6mo in this state is great. And how the state finds out most often.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Most northern counties only require smog when brought into the state, and when sold. Find somebody's address up north to use would be your best bet. Or, put the shit on it to pass, then take it off again.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Indiana is diesel exempt from emissions

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Im guessing you have a deleted 4th gen with a mini maxx?

The tuner obviously makes for no check engine lights when they plug in, visual is where you'll probably find nobody to pass it no matter how mexican they are.

I tried all the beaner places in my town and eventually spent 10 hrs putting it back to stock. Smogged it, drove 100 miles and couldn't take the loss of power. 6 hrs later the 2nd gen conversion was back on.

I spent a total of 2 hours helping a friend put his 08 6.7 back to stock (he was simply deleted). You have it better than me having to swap manifolds and turbos (6 hrs).

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
No plug-in for diesels in upstate NY. Not sure if there may be a sniff/opacity downstate like NJ does in some weight classes... Anything OBD-II gas needs to pass a plug-in as a part of annual safety. Supposed to do an emissions visual as well.

I haven't yet found out how that would work for a '96+ vehicle with a diesel swapped in.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Georgia doesn't test diesels even in smog counties. They also used to tax them less by assuming all diesels, even VWs, were farm vehicles. They wised up at some point.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tx no emissions check on diesels. Some may give hell about muffler though. Diesels are safety inspection only here.

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
The thing I've run into when registering a vehicle in a state other than where you live is insureance. I have a house in another state and my insureance co. wants proof of ownership/residence to insure those vehicles. They want a utility bill or some other proof in your name to do it. Dunno if they all do this, but it's what I have found. I would say put all the stock shit on to make it pass, but I'm gathering you don't have the stock parts? It's easier to just have a legal truck.
Travis..
i used to do that years ago, you can just bs mail you dont care about to that residence. i used a friends address in indiana and just sent my bank statement and gym membership garbage there and that worked fine for showing i lived there.

luckly illinois did away with emissions for anything older then 95 so im all good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts