Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the needy :flipoff2:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot clashed with Sen. Ted Cruz over the latest burst of gun violence*in the city, claiming Monday*that Chicago’s decades-long crime problem is actually the fault of Republican-run states like Indiana – because they don’t have “commonsense gun legislation” in place.

The retort came after Cruz, R-Texas,*tweeted that “gun control doesn’t work” and pointed to the Democrat-run city as evidence that “disarming law-abiding citizens isn’t the answer.” His tweet referenced an article reporting that at least 25 people were shot in Chicago during Labor Day weekend amid a continuing crime wave in the city.

“Stopping violent criminals—prosecuting & getting them off the street—BEFORE they commit more violent crimes is the most effective way to reduce murder rates," Cruz tweeted. "Let’s protect our citizens.”

Lightfoot, elected mayor earlier this year, tweeted a graphic claiming that the top 10 source states of recovered firearms between 2013-2016 included Indiana, Mississippi and Wisconsin.

“60 percent of illegal firearms recovered in Chicago come from outside IL—mostly from states dominated by coward Republicans like you who refuse to enact commonsense gun legislation,” she tweeted.

“Keep our name out of your mouth,” she said.

"When @tedcruz and the @gop dismiss common sense gun policies, they disrespect victims and their families, who deserve to live without pain and fear," she added.

The flashpoint comes amid a spate of mass shootings across the country, with Democrats increasing their calls for more sweeping forms of gun control.

Beto O'Rourke on Saturday gave a blunt answer when asked how he would address some gun owners' concerns that the government could be planning to take away their firearms.
“I want to be really clear that that’s exactly what we are going to do,” said the former Texas congressman. “Americans who own AR-15s, AK-47s, will have to sell them to the government.”

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,938 Posts
California wanted Nevada to change their gun laws after a kid moved to Nevada, bought a gun illegal in California, shot a few people in Gilroy then died. Weird how the State of California has done nothing to prevent the influx of illegal guns into their State but it is NEVADA'S gun sales causing crimes in California.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
California wanted Nevada to change their gun laws after a kid moved to Nevada, bought a gun illegal in California, shot a few people in Gilroy then died. Weird how the State of California has done nothing to prevent the influx of illegal guns into their State but it is NEVADA'S gun sales causing crimes in California.
soiunds like immigrantds are the problem. CA needs to secure their borders.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Watch out for a state to sue another state over lax gun laws... it’ll happen son.

migration is a human right vs leave your culture behind :rasta:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
hmmmm seeeeemmmmzz....walmertz ban on open carry can tie into this some how some way...

·
Baconologyst
9,972 Posts
Every time I hear a dem talk about “common sense gun legislation” , I hear “we’re going to take away guns we find scary and I know nothing about... for now”

I have heard a few people on tv mention that the Clinton gun ban accomplished basically nothing (which is true). And thanks to Oblamer, there are even more scary rifles out there than ever :flipoff2:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Worst thing is they actually believe that.
I had a conversation with a woman from Chicago and that is what she said too. I told her no one is going to go to Indiana, show ID, buy the gun, and then take back to Chicago and commit a crime.
She thinks they do!

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Every time I hear a dem talk about “common sense gun legislation” , I hear “we’re going to take away guns we find scary and I know nothing about... for now”

I have heard a few people on tv mention that the Clinton gun ban accomplished basically nothing (which is true). And thanks to Oblamer, there are even more scary rifles out there than ever :flipoff2:
They won't repeat the mistakes of the Clinton AWB. They banned features then, and it didn't do shit. They won't repeat that.

The ban would be for all semi auto rifles. But that would be unconstitutional. Which is why they didn't do that in '94. Today's Dems would rather wipe their ass with the Constitution, so that's what they are going to try to ram down our throats.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
They have been doing this for years, same with blaming the counties surrounding chicago that have a lot more lax gun laws than chicago.

This states dumb, these are the same people that elected a "common man" billionaire who inherited his money and has not worked a second in his life.

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
I would leave a trail of bread crumbs (firearm parts) for Beta to follow, right into a mine shaft.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
less than they're doing to stop the transport of agricultural products into their state.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
They won't repeat the mistakes of the Clinton AWB. They banned features then, and it didn't do shit. They won't repeat that.

The ban would be for all semi auto rifles. But that would be unconstitutional. Which is why they didn't do that in '94. Today's Dems would rather wipe their ass with the Constitution, so that's what they are going to try to ram down our throats.

Best thing Trump has done is shut down Hillary.
She woulda stacked the court and off to the races.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Scary thing is, we’re really only one election away from serious gun control being enforced.
To that point, at least one dem candidate has flat out said he'd pen and paper his way to a mandatory buy back of guns...good ol Beto, making Texas proud. :shaking:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
So, using the Mayors own logic, if the gun is the problem then shouldn't the surrounding states with the "Lax" gun laws be the killing grounds instead of Chicago? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Beta O'Rourke doesnt have a chance that's why hes suddenly on the ban scary fully semi automatic rifles bandwagon. It's his last grasp at staying relevant in the dem race to the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts