Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the area of lakewood, from iowa. Looking to see if any local suzukis, samurais, trackers or sidekicks get together around here. I have been asking around and really want to go to a trail called springcreek. i have been looking at it on 4x4trails.net. so lets hear it get something put together or any other local trails xmattx

·
Registered
23 Posts
im way up north in fort collins. But i know theres quite a few in Loveland. try asking on colorado4x4.org theres a few sammi guys on there

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just down the road from you in the mountains above Boulder. The Switzerland trail area is right here on Sugarloaf where I live. Other areas close by I have not explored yet since moving here just a year ago. Haven't met any other zuker's but have seen a few around. Maybe we can meet sometime.

Cameron.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i am totally down for boulder area just really getting antsy to do some wheeling today i spent the morning at pullnsave with the G/f and we totally found some killer parts on a torn down sammy. as for my rig i think i will be just fine with my build (hopefully:D )
1987 samurai jx
toyota axles spool
sky hi steer
sky p/s kit
33'' mt tires
sky M/L wrangler yj kit f/r
5.14 tcase reduction
custom shafts
FULL 6pt cage
bumpers front and rear
rock sliders
bushwacker fender flares
1.6 16 valve engine FI conversion
centerforce dual friction clutch

expertly placed stickers on tail gate hahaha
well now that i listed it i know i will break something on my first trip out hahha o well cameron hit me up with a pm or call me 3077610360 i am always around maybe get a crowd together or just two matt

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Post up on Colorado4x4.org There are a number of sammis on there. Mine is running 31s right now with a locker in the rear, no gears (yet). I do need to get the rear end torn down and get someone to look at the backlash. I am afraid it might not quite be set up right - I get a lot of play before things engage in the rear end, makes horrendous noise if you let the clutch out too quick...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have been trying to post on there(colorado4x4.org) but i cant get a valid login so i guess i am just waiting for emails.... ha about that rear end if you do need help on that rear third i have set up countless toyotas and suzukis and i am a gm tech so if you do need any help on that let me know other that that minor problem:p we will have to go have some fun ha also where do people buy alot of their parts around here ( i like to keep my money local)

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
As I am from colorado, just south of you, Fellow zuker, and lived in Iowa for a few years, I have to say welcome to Colorado!!!

There are a lot of Colorado zuk guys on here as well as zukikrawlers.com. Let me know when to go wheeling and I'm there. Always good to meet fellow zuk owners and wheel with them.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Welcome to CO! I'm down in Colorado Springs and just sold my Sami, but i'm looking for another one to build soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well thanks for that guys i am way pumped i was out scraping some of that valuable mud off of the rig today figuring i wont be hitting tons of mud out here just those scary looking rocks:grinpimp: ha
you should not have any issues finding a good builder there is always a lot on craigslist just pm me if you guys go out and i will load up and join you

·
Registered
506 Posts
I grew up in CO SPrings, does that count? Anyway, you're gonna love CO, man it's the best place in the world. I still love the wheeling down here in AZ but you gotta love the mountains, rivers, the snow, the whole package of CO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts