Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I've been on this board for almost 20 years now and I think it's time to check out. I'm usually not one to bitch about change, as I truly feel without change things don't progress, and lets face it, things need to progress. Shit, think about the day Lance introduced membership fees, OMG talk about change. I ponied up and did so for many years as I felt there was value for the money and there was a serious sense of community. This place isn't changing for the better of the community and its showing everywhere.

This place is just an ad factory - which, frankly is why this place even exists. It's a business, we get it, we're not morons. But you know what, there's one thing every business needs - any of you marketing interns running this place want to take a guess at what that is? ahhhhhh - it's . . . .customer's.

Here's an idea for the coffee runners - solicit feedback from new, existing, and potential "customers" in order to get a sense of the business beyond just the numbers. If you only let the finance guys run things, you'll eventually fade out. It takes a delicate balance of being a financial analysts and a full on gunslinger to keep a business moving forward. Pay attention to ALL of the customers needs (advertisers, stakeholders, AND members) along WITH market trends and make changes from there.

I know there is someone on the other side of this who is reading all of the complaining posts. Some are reading them and getting bent because lets face it, these are changes they pitched and implemented, it's their job - I'd be bent too. Nobody wants to hear people bitching about their work. Some are reading them and just chalking it up to the calculated pool of members that would leave anyway. They're saying things like, they can be replaced, they'd leave anyway, that demographic was dying anyway, ect. ect. OK.

Here's one they probably didn't teach you in college boys and girls - it's easier to get more out of your existing customers than recruiting new ones.

Anyway - I had a pretty shitty day and when I hopped on here it just made it worse, so - that's all, we'll see how it all plays out, maybe I'll get over it, probably not.

Chopperman

·
Registered
559 Posts
Aw man I dug your last build.
If you want to try irate4x4 I'll pony up for a star for ya bud.
I figure its supporting the hard work of a long time member.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
in addition to irate, i joined on 4x4north.com. same kind of thing, started by long time members who wanted an ad free experience. while irate is trying to more or less re-create pirate, 4x4north is set up as a clean slate and is a free and easy to use for pictures and builds and general such stuff.

bummer to hear about you leaving but by all means take a break. I also really enjoy your builds and such so if you do decide to post them up elsewhere let us know or hell, just come on back here. it isn't so bad 😆

·
Registered
803 Posts
Choppermam give thr site a chance. New software just went in place, it will take a bit of time to tweak it.

Honestly the new software is working better. I had various issues browsing on mobile that are now resolved.

Make pirate great again.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
If now the only purpose if having a premium account is no ads, whats the point? Just tried to search, and its actually WORSE than the search was before. I dont know how that is even possible, but it is. This is a far cry from the community i spent years lurking before even signing up, and one of the last forums i still visited, primarily because it wasn't moving towards a more "facebook" feel. Yes, forums on the whole are dying, but there were still mountains of great tech to find here. Its a shame really, even after adapting to all of the other changes, that this is the one that does the site in.

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
I'm paying??? :D

On a PC you get the option to run adblock. I'm 100% phone based user so a subscription is the only real option for killing ads other than just not being here.

·
Premium Member
13,758 Posts
you can run adblock on your phone just like on the pc
I downloaded it on my old phone (galaxy 8+) and it never seemed to do anything. Guess I'll try it on my pixel 4xl and see if it does anything.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
yeah I've cancelled my subscription. it was useful for PM's and images, but hell those should have been unlocked years ago 😆 adblock makes everything better

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think I'm out as well. I have enjoyed your projects over the years.

You should give Edaddy's site a try.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Quit yer whining you babies. If yourr going to leave because if some changes, you should have left the United States years ago.

Patriots my ass. Stick it out and push to make it similar to the old layout, instead of bailing like crybabies.

Make pirate great again

·
Registered
66,767 Posts
I downloaded it on my old phone (galaxy 8+) and it never seemed to do anything. Guess I'll try it on my pixel 4xl and see if it does anything.

You're doing it wrong. You select ad block within your phone's BROWSER.

you don't download jack shit...

You're doing it WRONG.

·
Registered
66,767 Posts
Quit yer whining you babies. If yourr going to leave because if some changes, you should have left the United States years ago.

Patriots my ass. Stick it out and push to make it similar to the old layout, instead of bailing like crybabies.

Make pirate great again

Yer fkg retarded

·
Random Dude
908 Posts

Make pirate great again
You do you, Scotty P - no ragrets!

I tried on JKO (new format sux) and PBB is identical - dood, NO.

A few of us un-hero-y types will be swimming in the ool (no P).

1 - 20 of 129 Posts