Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and could find no posts on DesertFab skids. I am looking to buy a gas tank and a TC skid plate for my 1987 with a 242. I am looking at the DesertFab skids, mainly because of the price.

Is anybody running these skids, and what can you tell me about them, good or bad?

TIA,
Danials

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks hrh. I saw this one, but it does not talk about their skid plates, or any other products that they build and ship. I don't think I would want to have an axle swap done by them, however.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've had a run in with a guy that did some really shitty work and then wouldn't admit to their shitty work let alone fix it, not that I'd let him touch my Jeep again if he did offer to.

Case in point: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559233

He also installed my locker, and didn't shim it. He tried to give it back like that, I told him to re do it and shim it this time, so he did, and shimmed it using the stock shims, not by rearranging them to make them work, but exactly as it was shimmed stock. I wasn't going to give him a 3rd chance to fuck it up. And so he will never touch my Jeep again even if it's for something as simple as installing valve stem caps.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I shall save TJP the time......read http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582126 Note the "bolt on's) under the "WHAT DOESNT BELONG IN THIS FORUM" part.

Seriously dood....more effort. Search again.... Or apply some thinking perhaps. My guess is you wanna know what kinda abuse they can take. Well im sure it wouldnt be hard to find out what they are constructed of. 1/8" prolly not gonna take more than a few good whacks. 3/16 will be sufficiant. Then see how they bolt on. If you have any idea what your ride is made of you will know what is needed to make a decent skid. Or perhaps just head on over the NAXJA or Jeepforums for further assistance. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Did you read the first sentence of my original post?
Did you read mine? As stated, you're in the wrong place for advice on bolt-on bullshiate! I was stating that you can find out info. on the manufacturer, if that isn't enough info. for you, good luck!:shaking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts