Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heard of a couple detriots failing lately....what size tire to they recomend you run with these units so they dont fail....im runnin 36 and hammer and no problems......just bad unit for some people or are these supposed to be bombproof?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Mine has survived a rear axle break, and a front. Prolly couldnt handle another front though. im runnin 37", genuine's 4.88's :eek:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
some of the guys in arizona are breaking them when they are spoolin up and an inner axle snaps, the shock wave going back to the carrier takes them out?? jeeprecoveryteam's did the same thing....

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
The detroit is a strong unit. The problem is like Booger said, when a front axle pops, the recoil takes out the detroit. This problem doesn't exist with it in the rear axle though.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
JackA said:
The detroit is a strong unit. The problem is like Booger said, when a front axle pops, the recoil takes out the detroit. This problem doesn't exist with it in the rear axle though.
Yup just took mine apart, Its toast :(

Disregard my previous post. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
strmin said:
heard of a couple detriots failing lately....what size tire to they recomend you run with these units so they dont fail....im runnin 36 and hammer and no problems......just bad unit for some people or are these supposed to be bombproof?
To answer your question, I'm pretty sure that they state in the waranty/instructions that the max tire size for any of their products is 33". :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts