Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put a detroit locker in the front of my 82 chevy with a dana 60. what are your guys thoughts on this? It has power steering without crossover steering and 4.88 gears and a 14 bolt in the rear with a detroit locker and 44 inch boggers and a factory 454 HO mated to a turbo 400 to a 208 Your help would be greatly appreciated, butch.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
butch32 said:
Want to put a detroit locker in the front of my 82 chevy with a dana 60. what are your guys thoughts on this?

do it

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
butch32 said:
Want to put a detroit locker in the front of my 82 chevy with a dana 60. what are your guys thoughts on this? It has power steering without crossover steering and 4.88 gears and a 14 bolt in the rear with a detroit locker and 44 inch boggers and a factory 454 HO mated to a turbo 400 to a 208 Your help would be greatly appreciated, butch.
When locked in you will find it very difficult to steer on roads and hard gound, and if your tires are larger than 40" the stub axles will brake (depending on your driving habits as to soon it will happen).

·
Registered
629 Posts
turning would be quiet a task- if you did a steering upgrade i think you would enjoy the locker alot more. just my .02 though- Ryan

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
spool

do a spool it is alot cheaper :D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
do the locker, buy and install hydro-assist kit so you can turn..
learn to use periods in your sentances..... :D

chris :cool2:

·
Banned
7,673 Posts
Do the hydro assist and crossover first. I'd rather have a welded front with crossover/hydro than front to back steering with a front locker.

Oh and if you don't have a steering brace, get it NOW.

·
Registered
611 Posts
don't do it you get better traction with an open diff. :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts