Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to ramp my truck today and as I was flexing it up, One of my tires started spinning and the other just sat there. I have 5:29's with a detroit locker in the rear. What's the deal. The locker isn't very old and It hasn't been under any extreme conditions or anything yet. Is it normal for a detroit to disengage or is my locker jacked. How can I check to see if it is working?

Jeff

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Never seen that...usually they fail with a nasty crunch and that's the end of it. Are you sure it's a detroit locker and not a detroit true-trac??? (gear type limited slip).

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
i've never seen a detroit do that. the only lockers i have ever seen that would do that were stripped lunch box lockers and arb's if they were not engaged or they were having problems with them. i'd say that if it truly is a detroit then you definatly have a problem.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
did you have a shop do all the work? basicly are you sure you got a detroit locker? The only time I've heard of a detroit going out was fullsize trucks with big motors and big tires

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a shop do all the work because I dont' know how to set the backlash or whatever it's called on gears. It used to work and they told me it was a detroit locker. I never heard a bang or anything. I do have a 305 swapped in but it doesn't have very much power. Does detroit have a warranty or anything? What should I do?

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts