Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help with Detroit Tru Trac LS

I have heard several Opinions about the Detroit Tru Trac LS. I have heard it pulls to the left on the hwy. 70% highway 30% in the woods for my 06 TL/LJ. Is this true that this LS locker pulls to the left. i will be running 33's with 4:56 gears.

·
Old School
1,870 Posts
I've only used them in the front. In fact, I have one in the front of my ZJ right now. By far the most effective limited slip I have ever experienced. Never noticed feedback from the front when running 4wd on snow covered roads.

If you spend 30% of your time in the woods then why not get a real locker for the rear though?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i run one in the rear, it drives down the road like a open diff..and works well in the woods, and the craftsmanship is second to none. i have no complaints.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have one in the rear of my CJ7...33's and 4:56's. In the city or on the highway, you wouldn't even know its there. In the dirt (not hardcore crawling) it works great. No regrets.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ive got one in the front of my 93XJ and not afraid to let the kids or wife drive in snow or ice. Almost invisable.
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I've got one in the rear of my Tj with 4.88's and 33's. It tracs PERFECTLY down the road. cant really even tell its there....

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have heard something about tire pressures, if they aren't even on the axle with the locker they may pull to one side? i now that my sport quad pulls when the tires aren't even and it has a one piece axle, essentially the same as a locker, just a thought

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
I ran one in the front of my XJ for awhile, I wished for a full locker the entire time. That was pretty much trail only rig though. I would run one in my tow rig. Another option I'd suggest is the powertrax no-slip. Still invisible on the road, but never fails to keep both tires spinning on the rocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts