Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

TDS will be running the Devils Canyon trail on 24 March. I have already done the permit and everything looks good. We will be starting at the top of the trail, run the trail to the bottom, turn around and come back. Just a simple day trip.

I have a list of TDS members that will be on this run but I do have open slots. This trail has a limit of 15 vehicles total for this day.

I know there are several people here in the SoCal area that would like to make this run with us so I wanted to start a list of those interested that I can pull from to complete the list.

I will be finalizing the list at The TDS General meeting on 14 March. And notify whomever from this list (below) so that it isn't last minute. Currently I only have 7 names listed from our club. Plus 1 space for an EMT. Members of TDS still has time to sign up but basically I don't expect too many more.

So if you are interested in joining us on this run, please PM me and let me know. I need your name, phone, and email. I will say that those that helped on our Corral Canyon trail breaking/cleaning will get preference. And please keep in mind, not everyone will be able to go.

I will start putting the list here on who contacts me so you can see your name on the list.

There is no charge or fee for you to attend this run. TDS has paid for the permit and insurance. The only other requirement that I am working on is an EMT. So if anyone is EMT certified and wants to go. Please let me know.

Here are a few links that have information and history of the trail as well as some pictures of people navigating the trail. I have no first hand knowledge of this trail. A few others on this site do. So I make to claim to be the expert on this run nor am I going to be the historian. There are several sites and articles related to this trail that are worth reading if you have the time.

I have been told by those that have done this trail in the past that this is not a walk in the park for daily driver type vehicles. 35" tires, two lockers, and expect body damage. If you have a hard top, leave it at home.

http://icorva.com/index.php?option=...information&catid=46:trail-closures&Itemid=75

http://icorva.com/Photography/WEBPICS/Devils5606/photos/photo1.html

This list is very fluid. Expect Changes. And there is no way to take everyone. Sorry. If anyone from TDS drops out, it will move the list up. But also keep in mind, someone new could be added as well.
If you are on this list and I don't have your email, phone and name. Please PM it to me. I will be starting an email list to keep everyone informed with the details as we get them figured out..

1. TDS
2. TDS
3. TDS
4. TDS
5. TDS
6. TDS
7. TDS
8. TDS
9. TDS (EMT)
10. Billybob13
11. Flatback51
12. ABurruss
13. Jeepman14Jwheel
14. Miguelitojeep
15. MShilling
16. Alt. Chris Boyer
17. Alt. TJMark
18. Alt. Crown7
19. Alt. Hotpepper
20. Alt. YJBill
21. Alt. JeremyUSMC
22. Alt. Calcat430d

This is everyone who posted here or sent me their information.

Since this has a very good list for our first run. Provided everything goes well I think we can schedule at least 1 run a year with possibly others. The permit has to be paid for and submitted 6 months prior to the run date. BLM would issue permits for up to 7 weekends from October 1 to April 30 for up to 15 vehicles per day.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Count me in for sure. But, I have to check if that is the same weekend as the MINT 400?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Me plus 3 other rigs not on pirate all very capable and jeepman14wheel!!!:smokin:Thank you TDS! can't forget the photographer either!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Darn, I would really like to do this. I have an EMT cert. too. My wife's due date for our 2nd girl is March 24th! Oh well, have fun guys!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Guys, there is a lot of names coming in that want to go. We will only have room for 5-7 people. So if you helped on our trail clearing please make sure you let me know. The only ones that I am putting on the list in the next couple days are those that helped us. I have the others in the order that I received them and will add them to the list later.

I am going to go hike the trail prior to the run and will email out the details of where to meet and when.

Joe

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bo....if you still have room, I'm IN. I've already put it on my calendar.

Thank you,
Chris
But Chris, that is a funny looking Jeep you drive. Doesn't look like a Yota either......

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I've helped out (2) times once on Pancake rock trail & forgot the other.
But, I'm out that is the same weekend as the MINT400. :(
Racing 10 races this year!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Devil's Canyon

Bo....if you still have room, I'm IN. I've already put it on my calendar.

Thank you,
Chris
Joe Smith is trail boss. I'll pass this to him. Crap, you had to join Pirate just to post this, about time.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
Passenger with video camera seeks 4x4 with empty seat. What am I talking about, just need an ice chest to stash a few cold drinks in. :)
i may have room for your your cooler.:flipoff2:

maybe room for you too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1st post updated

1 - 20 of 210 Posts