Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a dewalt 5 amp grinder that I use for light grinding, it is starting to make a high pitched sound that I figured was a bearing going out. I thought I'd see about replacing it and went to this site:

parts

I can't tell from the diagram what part it might be and if I order a bunch of them in an attempt to get it right I could just buy another grinder. I figure someone here has done this before so if you have any info please help me a bit. I could take the grinder apart but not sure if I be able to locate the worn part. Nothing seems loose or worn.

Thanks,
Brad

PS looks like it will be either #9 or #10 if it is indeed a bearing but if it is gear teeth or something else??? Anyone tell me for sure what to look for????

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I have a Makita grinder that has needed bearings for 10 plus years, still running hard though the bastard gets nice and hot during extended use. My advice, run it until it dies then compare repair costs to a new one, also replace the brushes at the same time

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Metabo makes the nicest grinders hands down. Spend the coin and buy some real tools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts