Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an article that the Diablo franchise developers recreated the original Diablo within DIII. There is a short video embedded in the article.

Original 'Diablo' Campaign Added to 'Diablo III' for Game's 20th Anniversary - Breitbart

With patch 2.4.3, the Diablo III team will open a portal through the town of Tristram to where the franchise began. For a limited time, players will be able to travel to a recreation of the first Diablo game. The nostalgic journey comes complete with a pixelated visual filter, old-school camera restrictions, and forced walking, all in an attempt to recall the look and feel of the original. Even the sound effects have been pared down, made purposely tinny and repetitive in the spirit of 90s gaming.

·
Registered
18,604 Posts
God, and just when I thought being born in the USA and receiving what I thought was a descent education in the late '60's and all of the '70's where English was the only language used, and using it ever since, I thought I understood it. Oh well.

·
Unregistered User
9,027 Posts
II was always better than the original anyway. I got III for free when it came out but just couldn't get into it.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
NOT into Diablo, but if you are, here's your paradise - for sale - about 10 miles away from me. :grinpimp:

The Definitive Diablo PC Game Collection 1 2 3 and Expansions! Extras! - $150 (Swissvale)

This is the ULTIMATE Diablo PC Gaming Collection!
All items have been kept in a smoke free home, adult owned and well cared for over the years. It is time for me to part with them so hopefully someone else can enjoy them.

Here is what you get:
1. Diablo 1 PC game - in big box (moderate wear but still displayable), contains game disk in case and instruction manual
2. Diablo 1 Strategy Guide - essential for figuring out what the shrines do before you click them!
3. Diablo 1 Hellfire Expansion - in big box (normal shelf wear), contains disk in case
4. Diablo 2 PC game - in big box (normal shelf wear), contains disk in case, all inserts and manuals (including Blizzard catalog insert)
5. Diablo 2 Soundtrack - in original jewel case
6. Diablo 2 Battle Chest - includes Diablo II, Strategy Guide, Lord of Destruction expansion
7. Diablo 3 Collector's Edition - with ALL included inserts, guest passes, soundtrack, art book, behind the scenes dvd and *unused* USB drive in awesome Diablo skull dock! (USB drive has UNUSED game codes for Diablo 2 and expansion)
8. Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition - with ALL included inserts, guest passes, soundtrack, art book, behind the scenes DVD and mouse pad (pad with slight crease)
9. Diablo 3 Mouse pad by SteelSeries
10. Diablo 3 Gaming Headset by SteelSeries
11. Diablo 3 Gaming Mouse by SteelSeries
12. Diablo 3 T-Shirt (officially licensed, size XL, worn but still in good shape)
13. Diablo 3 Deluxe Strategy Guide with collector's steel book mark
14. Diablo 3 Book of Cain (hardcover, backstory to Diablo lore)
15. Diablo 3 The Order (hardcover novel) by Nate Kenyon
GUEST PASSES:
Diablo 3 = Three individual Diablo 3 guest passes, one WOW guest pass, Diablo II and expansion codes
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls = One Diablo 3 guest pass, one Starcraft II guest pass, one WOW guest pass, three card pack keys for Hearthstone

NOTE: The ONLY missing thing in this whole set is the USB extension cord for the headset. You can use any standard USB extension cable. The headset has its normal 3 foot cable, just missing the 6.5 foot USB extension that came in the box.

Overall this is a HUGE COLLECTION in GREAT CONDITION that you will have a hard time finding all together anywhere else. There are some difficult to find items like soundtracks, extra DVDs, gaming headset, gaming mouse and Hellfire expansion for Diablo 1, among others.

SteelSeries Engine 3 supports both the Diablo 3 Mouse and Gaming Headset for customization. The mouse, headset and mouse pad were used for about a year but still look brand new.

Except as noted above, all of the original game codes have already been used.
NONE of the guest passes or other codes have been used.
GOT Diablo? :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I watched video from someone playing it on the PTR a few weeks ago, looks like mediocre loot for A LOT of work, but I'm sure I'll try it.

Reaper of Souls added some fun, and killing off the public auction really improved the game, but there's still something missing. I've wasted months of my life, maybe years, playing Lord of Destruction, 9 months unemployed with a Diablo II LOD addiction, I became a bad ass. :emb: :laughing::shaking:

I haven't been on Battle.net since March of last year, but had a full Invoker Crusader that was owning T15+ Greater Rifts solo.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
It took a little while to download and install all the updates, but I managed to remember my password and answer my confirmation question to prove I was me.

I couldn't remember how hard the Torment Levels really were, so I decided to softball it, and started a Torment V game.

Everything was going great, running through the Old Tristram labyrinth with my previously mentioned Invoker Crusader, drops were pretty poor, a few veiled crystals, a bunch of gems, and one ancient flail that was hidden under a tile. I killed The Butcher and a few other elites none of which dropped anything of substance. The Butcher dropped "The Butcher's Cleaver," but it's just a blue/magic item, I did get an achievement for picking it up though.

I was almost done with level 5 of The Labyrinth when I recalled one of the reasons I quit playing again last Spring, the game randomly freezes and locks up my computer. My laptop has a discrete Radeon GPU it switches to for gaming and the like, apparently even with the latest drivers from AMD and a years worth of updates, there's still not a fix for the bug.

I may get motivated enough to try again later, but from what I've seen so far, there was no nostalgia to it, just a crappier looking version of the same D3 dungeons with a randomly dispersed original game NPC or boss every now and then.

·
Registered
16,139 Posts
I'll play for a while this season.

There's only so many builds you can do. I am up to para 758 after 6 seasons of play (didn't play 8, or...5?)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
As I continue to keep dragging back up a thread no one else really cares about :flipoff2:, I finally got the Darkening of Tristram achievement reward, my very own little Butcher pet to follow me around.

·
Premium Member
30,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As I continue to keep dragging back up a thread no one else really cares about :flipoff2:, I finally got the Darkening of Tristram achievement reward, my very own little Butcher pet to follow me around.

I could look it up, but what did you have to do to get that ward? I played through and beat diablo, but I don't think I picked up a new minion.

·
Registered
16,139 Posts
There's a post on reddit with everything you need.

Mostly, you do the stuff in town to get the golden calf,

solo clear the even from scratch with a fresh character for the butcher

kill all the unique enemies for the background picture thing.

PM me if you want some help - me and a buddy have cleared it all.

edit: @PONY_DRIVER You have to kill diablo in the event with a fresh character. Start from scratch, get no other xp from anywhere, and run through it till you kill diablo. It's not hard. takes about 30ish minutes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts