Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was getting my rear diamond housing installed tonight and the u-bolts i used on my 86 housing will not fit so my question is what size u-bolts do i need to go buy. also i never read anything about having to use different u-bolts.
Thanks ahead of time guys for your help

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt even measure the tubes before i came home but i thouht all diamond housings would be the same tubing. And i didnt know if they did make them bigger they wouldnt take the same ubolts

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
WhiteToyMTRS said:
i was getting my rear diamond housing installed tonight and the u-bolts i used on my 86 housing will not fit so my question is what size u-bolts do i need to go buy. also i never read anything about having to use different u-bolts.
Thanks ahead of time guys for your help
just curious, did you get a diamond front also?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
what was the reason for that?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ROCKILLER said:
what was the reason for that?

i went with sky cause he is local and i have had nothing bad from him and all his product has seemed to be top notch that i have ran so i wanted to try his housing. dont get m ewrong brian makes some awesome shit at front range but i really respect sky and i love his work he does but if the housing dosent pan out i will go to brian for a front one but from the looks of it skys looks way tough also.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
also, for Sky, he has a stock-length option so that stock-length shafts will still work. Brian has explained why Diamond doesn't do this, but may be a factor for some.

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Wilson said:
also, for Sky, he has a stock-length option so that stock-length shafts will still work. Brian has explained why Diamond doesn't do this, but may be a factor for some.
Correct.

We can build stock width with custom shafts. Or a stock long, and custom short, adding about 4" to the width. Because of the shape of the center for the needed tube support we will not butt weld tube to the center section. The only reason we can and would build a stock width, stock offset housing would be for use with a link suspension.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts