Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts

·
Unregistered User
9,027 Posts
I get the reasoning behind insider trading laws, but at the same time they're rather fucking dumb. What are you supposed to do, just bend over and take it? Anyone with half a brain saw this coming.

·
Premium Member
29,433 Posts
I get the reasoning behind insider trading laws, but at the same time they're rather fucking dumb. What are you supposed to do, just bend over and take it? Anyone with half a brain saw this coming.
agree

#FreeMarthaStewart.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
I wonder where 'insider trading' falls with this group.

If they did it legal; good for them.

If their action falls under 'insider trading'; they're in trouble!

I'd have to look up the specifics, but there are protection laws in place for politicians that basically state info gained from their position can be utilized for personal investment use.

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
I dont see too many degrees of separation on her blind trust. “All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust,” the spokesman, Tom Mentzer, told the Times. “She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.”

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
So a group of people that has made a lot of money off investments, made a smart investment, and now you guys want them jailed?

:confused:
Seriously? I'm sure if you were giving information that no one else was privy to you could make those "smart" decisions too.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
So a group of people that has made a lot of money off investments, made a smart investment, and now you guys want them jailed?

:confused:
Because those are the wrong type of people and evidently smarter than the ones whining about it.:flipoff2:

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,535 Posts
Seriously? I'm sure if you were giving information that no one else was privy to you could make those "smart" decisions too.
I am almost sure that Feinstein with her amount of money has an investment team who pays attention to the writing on the wall. My grandmother was one of the best investors I’ve ever met because she paid attention to the writing on the wall. She regularly outperformed the investment people that did her trades for her. (Preinternet) They always wanted to control her money but they didn’t have as good a track record as she did.

I’m not gonna freak out over this one.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
I am almost sure that Feinstein with her amount of money has an investment team who pays attention to the writing on the wall. My grandmother was one of the best investors I’ve ever met because she paid attention to the writing on the wall. She regularly outperformed the investment people that did her trades for her. (Preinternet) They always wanted to control her money but they didn’t have as good a track record as she did.

I’m not gonna freak out over this one.
So...its not possible that she called her investment guy/team and informed them?

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
Did anybody else struck by the date they were informed January 24

https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2020/03/20/in-the-face-of-pandemic-the-u.s.-senate-sells-stocks-and-plays-politics-with-our-lives?utm_source=rsmorningbriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bfcab5f0c58b3691765086d28bfa5c1c
This briefing that Loeffler and Burr (allegedly) based their stock sales from was held on January 24. On January 31, President Donald Trump banned all travel to and from China. Clearly, he was informed that something major was going on. So if this briefing that the every U.S. Senator apparently got was dire enough to make the greediest go out and make big financial decisions over it, why in God’s name did Democrats attack Trump for stopping travel to and from China?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Did I skip over it???

THEY ARE PART OF THE SENATE INTELLEGENCE COMITTEE...

THAT's how they got word before anybody else did. If that's not insider trading, what is?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I was even on here being like "hey, y'all are retarded, this thing is way over bought". Pbb members were like "oh! I'm gonna open a RobinHood." Derp.
Yup. I knew we were fucked by reading those threads. I just didn't figure beer virus was gonna be the final straw that would cause the market to implode. Oh well, I'm young enough and well paid enough that I don't really need to care how my retirement accounts get allocated as long as I keep contributing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did I skip over it???

THAT's how they got word before anybody else did. If that's not insider trading, what is?
It's irrelevant. The only people who can investigate them are the same group of elected assholes who are doing this. Right or wrong nothing will come of this no matter how much you shriek at your internet access device of choice.

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
Pretty shitty to down play everything while having direct knowledge of it and quietly do this. Immoral, but probably not technically insider trading.
The article I read stated the senators were on an intel panel that had better, prior more accurate info than even Actionfap.. :confused: So it is definitely immoral. I hope it is found it was illegal and they undergo forced sex change operations in China.

yes, I skipped over it...>
Did I skip over it???

21 - 40 of 91 Posts