Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of gettin a 4" lift kit for my Jeep. Its at a toss up for the Skyjacker or the Dick Cepek. I dont know anyone of having the Dick Cepek Jeep lift kits. Wanted to know by you Pros. And yes I Fawkin Searched twice.........:confused:

·
Registered
791 Posts
OK first get a JB Slip yoke eliminator, then do a SOA, trust me you are going to want this later anyway when you graduate the I wonder stage, so might as well do it the first time, get some Con-Ferr spring mounts ditch your Track bars cut them and make then into a ladder bar you can do all this for under $600 minus tires and gears. The SOA is easy to do. Email me if you got ???? but I’m telling you this is the way to go. Dave

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Qbert said:
OK first get a JB Slip yoke eliminator, then do a SOA, trust me you are going to want this later anyway when you graduate the I wonder stage, so might as well do it the first time, get some Con-Ferr spring mounts ditch your Track bars cut them and make then into a ladder bar you can do all this for under $600 minus tires and gears. The SOA is easy to do. Email me if you got ???? but I’m telling you this is the way to go. Dave
Awsome advice if he drove a YJ!!!

I would not suggest a spring over comversion for a mostly stock CJ-5, their narow width and short wheelbase make them a handful to keep on 4 wheels.

Tuff Country soft ride seem to be the softest Cj-lifts out there, skyjacker are also soft but have a reputation for losing some lift.

·
Registered
791 Posts
NE-RokToy said:

Awsome advice if he drove a YJ!!!

I would not suggest a spring over comversion for a mostly stock CJ-5, their narow width and short wheelbase make them a handful to keep on 4 wheels.

Tuff Country soft ride seem to be the softest Cj-lifts out there, skyjacker are also soft but have a reputation for losing some lift.
Its all on how you drive it, but yeah I see your point, Id still SOA it. I dint even relized it was a 5 I guess I shuld read:flipoff2: but in that case you can do it for about $600 w tires:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.