Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a c6 behind a 7.3 diesel, yesterday I put it in reverse and it would move until you gave it some throttle when it would just slip. In 1,2,Drive it wont move hardly at all, really have to spin it up and it will BARELY roll. Fluid level is fine. What do ya'll think I did?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Those damn mud bogs get you every time. :D Doesn't help when people leave it in drive to pull it off the trailer, but seriously if you need help pulling it give me a call. Oh, it sounds like clutches, but I don't know shit about automatics.

·
Registered
733 Posts
r u retarded...jk. I can't believe people break or mess up c-6's, my friend has a 8500lbs m715 on rockwells 53's and a 700+hp bbf with a c-6, all it has is a shift kit, higher converter, and a man. valve body. he does burnouts in the street and tranny brakes on the trail down everything and its perfect. He didn't even rebuild it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
heat is the enemy of your automatic. Your clutches will not last long if your tranny is running hot. Which sounds like the case in your situation. The clutches that is. You may want to check the filter on your tranny, could be clogged. I have seen this happen once.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah damn I forgot about the lucas! Oh and its 4wd

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
r u retarded...jk. I can't believe people break or mess up c-6's, my friend has a 8500lbs m715 on rockwells 53's and a 700+hp bbf with a c-6, all it has is a shift kit, higher converter, and a man. valve body. he does burnouts in the street and tranny brakes on the trail down everything and its perfect. He didn't even rebuild it.
that does sound pretty badass. my old beater had a 460 and was my dd for about 6 months.. but im not easy on anything.. i stomped on it at every stop sign and red light.. even at the drive thru.. (yea i know im not the sharpest spoon in the drawer) it did good for that time though.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
What does the fluid look like and smell like. Dump the fluid, drain the torque converter(its do able while on the truck) and change the filter. If there is a ton of junk on the bottom of the pan, time to consider a rebuild, or a good used unit. If finding a 2WD C6 is easier and cheaper, you can swap the guts out between the two cases, if you carefully clean and re-assemble it the exact way it came apart (paying special attention to the bearings that only go in one way)Consider a trans cooler and external filter upgrade too. Clean out the crud in the valve body too.

What is the history of this transmsission?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts