Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if anyone remembers what my scout looked like when i first got it a year ago or not, but it was pretty bad. it was covered with cobbwebs and had quite a few ghetto rigging by the previous owner. just swapped in full width 44s, going with 4.88s, spool in the rear, lockrite in the front, yj springs front/rear. im no where near finished now, but i needed to do some work on my DD and didnt want to do it in the florida sun.

bumpstops anyone :D i am going to add another main leaf to the front packs along with some 4in bumpstops to make them a little stiffer. i am going to get some ~4 in lift springs to level out the rear. also getting rid of the huge shackles in the front.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Holy front shackles Batman!!!!!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Nice rims.............

That and on your front spring hangers you didnt even box in the cut ends. Just booger welded those hangers as is. If it was me I'd at least box the ends and add a crossmember between them. I think you have the front of the winch bumper in there as a crossmember but with the
__
/ \ shape it could still bend, twist, break or just flex.

What do you have going on for a front winch bumper. I'm familiar with that frame and am rather courious. Too much shadow in your pics.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
O yeah and did you make those shackels? It looks like you drilled them seperately and got the holes off. I always clamp them todether and drill or I get the holes off too.

However good use of a cherry picker!

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
what size tires? yea, I'd chop that front shackle 2" - drop the front hanger more if you need it. Helps me see what mine will be like - I thought it would be taller..

I am going to try to keep mine low so I'll be doing come chop work to the body.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am definately not finished with any of the suspension. the front shackles i just stuck on there so i could roll my scout out and do some work on my DD (suprised no one caught the 1/2in drillbits inplace of bolts :D ) the "winch bumper" you are talking about is just a support for the front of the winch. its 1/4"x3"x3". here is a picture of the bumper, best i can find right now

the tires are 33x13.50 baja claws. the fronts are really worn down, when i got the tires mounted, they were at 30.4 or 31.4 inches (cant remember which). the rears are in much better shape, probably around 80% tread left.

the engine hoist is as tall as it goes, the rear tire is stuffed into fender and wont go up any more.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Cool glad your on it with that front end. Still cant see shit in the pics though.

I wish I had caught those bits however....alas I'm not an eagle eye like some here.

If you were closer I'd give you some 15X10 steel wheels and a spare 33 LOL.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i already have 2 spare 33s and 6 15x10, but they are not 6 lug. maybe this will help you remember what i started out with....

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
That thing has come along way! I've had 2 80's and 1 800. I've seen a few other old school lifts on others too. Why the hell these damn farmers like to weld a piece of plate to the DL for correction is boyond me. They still dont turn woth a shit when SOA with a hoopty system like that.

The 62 I bought lifted like that I got running and sold to a kid. I made him promise and sign that he would re-do that damn steering before driving it on the streat. That thing didnt turn worth a damn even with the wanna be correction.

The last one I looked at had a ScoutII(I think) steering box welded to the frame for its steering. Holy chit some people scare me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts