Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if anyone remembers what my scout looked like when i first got it a year ago or not, but it was pretty bad. it was covered with cobbwebs and had quite a few ghetto rigging by the previous owner. just swapped in full width 44s, going with 4.88s, spool in the rear, lockrite in the front, yj springs front/rear. im no where near finished now, but i needed to do some work on my DD and didnt want to do it in the florida sun.

bumpstops anyone :D i am going to add another main leaf to the front packs along with some 4in bumpstops to make them a little stiffer. i am going to get some ~4 in lift springs to level out the rear. also getting rid of the huge shackles in the front.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am definately not finished with any of the suspension. the front shackles i just stuck on there so i could roll my scout out and do some work on my DD (suprised no one caught the 1/2in drillbits inplace of bolts :D ) the "winch bumper" you are talking about is just a support for the front of the winch. its 1/4"x3"x3". here is a picture of the bumper, best i can find right now

the tires are 33x13.50 baja claws. the fronts are really worn down, when i got the tires mounted, they were at 30.4 or 31.4 inches (cant remember which). the rears are in much better shape, probably around 80% tread left.

the engine hoist is as tall as it goes, the rear tire is stuffed into fender and wont go up any more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i already have 2 spare 33s and 6 15x10, but they are not 6 lug. maybe this will help you remember what i started out with....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts