Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of info!!:D If you want to buy an 8" Weldable pipe cap to make a diff protector out of and live in them Roseville/Rocklin area. There is a place in Rocklin off of Taylor road, East end that has them, $14.58 + Tax

Rocklin Windustral
4311 Anthony Court
Rocklin, CA
:D

·
Registered
986 Posts
i gotta get one of those for my diff, i just baught it for the sas and its got some rock rash i didn;t know about in the pumkin. oh well it can be fixed.:cool:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Thanks OOP's for the tip. Good idea. A freind of mine work's for Pioneer Air Systems and they build air dryer and filter systems. They build tank's of all different sizes. He could probly score me a cap or two. I'll just have to do a little more work to it than you had to so it will fit my Dana 44 and 12 bolt.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
OOP'S said:
A bit of info!!:D If you want to buy an 8" Weldable pipe cap to make a diff protector out of and live in them Roseville/Rocklin area. There is a place in Rocklin off of Taylor road, East end that has them, $14.58 + Tax

Rocklin Windustral
4311 Anthony Court
Rocklin, CA
:D

Cool, know of any in the Bay area? Hayward area. I went to home depot and they had no idea what i was talking about. Mcmaster carr has them by mail order. I'll admit i'm too lazy to call some plumbing places, dont wanna have them be like HD "huh, whats it used for?"

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Re: Re: Diff Protection

Rwhat said:

Cool, know of any in the Bay area? Hayward area. I went to home depot and they had no idea what i was talking about. Mcmaster carr has them by mail order. I'll admit i'm too lazy to call some plumbing places, dont wanna have them be like HD "huh, whats it used for?"
You might check with some of your bigger steel companies/suppliers. I noticed some big suppliers have pre fabbed stuff you can order for building specialty stuff. They might have pre fabbed stuff to build air tanks with. Just a thought.:D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Diff Protection

raptorman57 said:

You might check with some of your bigger steel companies/suppliers. I noticed some big suppliers have pre fabbed stuff you can order for building specialty stuff. They might have pre fabbed stuff to build air tanks with. Just a thought.:D
Thanks, for the info. Good idea.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn, California is sooo expensive....I don't know how you guys do it. I got mine in Austin for $12.79 :flipoff2: It truely is a great cheap mod.

Max

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
If it's that much, use two scrap pieces of 1/4" plate. That's all I did. Cost me $0, since it was an old bumper I hacked up for the steel. The steep angle at the bottom does a good job of ramping up & over rocks. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts