Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a list of everything i need todo a DIY diff serv. on a 98 Z71, lube, what kinda sealent needed etc... or possibly a DIY posted on here some where... searched but came up empty handed...

·
Registered
768 Posts
use rtv on the cover, let it setup before putting in on. should take 80-90w sythetic. check your owners manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
what does diff service mean to you? To me it means getting a master rebuild kit and replacing the ring and pinion and all bearings/races/seals. Maybe it just means a fluid change to you?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
what does diff service mean to you? To me it means getting a master rebuild kit and replacing the ring and pinion and all bearings/races/seals. Maybe it just means a fluid change to you?
to any auto techinician or shop it means a fluid change. If you have some sort of posi you will need an additive for the clutches. You would be safe by putting a synthetic 75w-90 in it. And if you have a posi there are several different additives. Silicone would work on the diff cover, but they also do make gaskets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts