1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in a thread a few weeks ago that:

Toy Rear Stock Springs Years 80-88 are 47" long
Toy Rear Stock Springs Years 89-95 are 51" long

I went to TTP Recycler today and after measuring it seems that this is true. But measuring some Taco rear springs, I noticed that they were running at about 55".

My questions: (this is regarding running Toys up front)

Is there any difference in the 2wheel drive or 4wheel drive springs? (in either any of the 47" 51" or 55" stock springs)

Has anyone ran the 55" stock rear Taco springs up front? (I forgot to measure for where the centering pin is positioned on the spring pack so maybe that is why I have not heard anything about using these)

PRO's or CON's of running any of these lengths up front?

This topic may have been covered before and I just cant find it. :flipoff2: Tech info on this topic will be much appreciated. :beer:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i can tell the newer toys have longer springs but have no idea about the tacos. anyone else? someone with taco springs out there care to comment? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Find the center pin location, and that tells you how well they would work up front.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be hittting the yard again this weekend. I will measure the center pin this time.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Another thing to notice is the shape of the spring. older springs have a slight arch, or else sit flat. Where as the tacoma (at least pre-runners) arch in the rear, and then sag in the front. Also, I think that there are two different lengths of tacoma springs. According to the local wrecking yard, there are some that were 55" long, and there are some that are 57" long.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Humm, good info! I will look into it and post it. I will bring the digital to take pics to post.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
RocDog did you ever make it out to the bone yard? I am very interested in what you may have found to be the difference between the springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts