Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
If you have to ask what the part names are for the pieces inside a differential, you have zero business attempting to put a new carrier in and setting up gears in one.

I'm not being an ass, I'm dead serious. This is where you pay someone to put it back together. It requires some tools you probably don't have and more skill than the novice mechanic has.
I was asking because I know someone that has a 70HD for sale. Obviously I'll need to do more research but I wasn't planning on doing this myself. I'm just trying to determine if it's worth buying. :)

· Safety third!
13,595 Posts
I was asking because I know someone that has a 70HD for sale. Obviously I'll need to do more research but I wasn't planning on doing this myself. I'm just trying to determine if it's worth buying. :)
If it has the right carrier break (4.56 and up) and gear set, and the price is cheaper than the parts new, by all means snag it and have someone transfer the internals.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.