Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks...

I know that...:flipoff2:
what I really need is the outside diameter of the shell.
And the width of the shell.
EDIT: and i need the outside diameter of the center section where it meets the bracket
I am drawing a braket up in CAD, and want to show the joint at its misaligned position. (trying to check interference with the bracket and the shell of the joint when the joint is flexed)

Looks like your build is coming along nicely!
I work in Wharton, how far are you from there? (redbank? right)

Chris

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
dunno how similar they are, but ive got summit machine flex joints. the can is 2x2 iirc. I know its 2 inches wide anyway.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
http://www.summitmachine.com/flex.html

2.625"

dunno how similar they are, but ive got summit machine flex joints. the can is 2x2 iirc. I know its 2 inches wide anyway.
Really? That would be cool because I wanted to make 2" DOM lower links, but from the dims on the summit machine site it looks like the 2" DOM would overhang the can.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
found it, good tech, but you never got back to us on the can width of the joints, did it turn out to be 2" or 1 7/8"

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533830

does anyone have dims for the can width of currie or RE joints, or can confirm the dims on summit machine's site, somehow I doubt a machine shop would print bad dims.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I dunno if you can weld a piece of 2" DOM to it. You will have to have some room for the weld and it would start to melt the inside of the can. As I suggested in carwash's thread, you mite wanna weld the joint to a 12" piece of 1.5 OD DOM and then sleeve it onto the 2". Then you can weld it on the end and put in a few plug welds too

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I just got 2 jj's from poly today with the stud on em. they are 2 5/8 ms-ms, the can is 2 inches wide and 2 5/8 tall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts