Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as with all trips, there is prep and mods to be done. plan was a 22 gal ford tank and some rear suspension upgrades.

started mocking up the tank and work informed me i will be gone for 8 days right in the middle of my 14 days of prep. so scratch the tank and dive straight into the suspension. 62" deavers, 14" bypasses, bed cage and ballistic frame plates. so had a little fab binge session over the 4th of july weekend with a buddy mjlogan88 and we knocked it out in about 20 hours. due to the time constraints and cruised over to total chaos and picked up their 62" deaver parts. front hanger, shackles, shackle pivot. tossed the stock tank in the bed and called it good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
so while i was gone i had the wife get a driveshaft made, hoping my measurements were right and prayed for the best. loaded up and ready to roll, nice sunset over the mojave dezert as we headed north. camped at loon and got to see an epic sunset.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
random downpour in tahoe, got a pm from generalee7 giving me a heads up there was going to be work on cadillac closing it down on saturday. kinda tossed a wrench in our plans, but we made due. everyone jumped in the box, no one broke and away we went. stopped at loon for a swim and then continued to observation point to camp fri night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
buddy grmhick met us at the box. originally the plan was for him to meet up at loon on thurs night, but he got delayed and didnt make it. we hit the trail to get in front of a group (15-20) of jks. he met up with us at the box. going over some rocks and stopping at the bridge. that picture never gets old. ran into generalee7 at loon, his rig is clean.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great view for my saturday morning poop. group shot before heading out. since we were almost finished with the trail and had time we attempted to get to ellis peak. that didnt pan out but it was cool none the less to explore a little. artec was doing a photshoot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
made it out of the trail and crashed in tahoe for the evening. headed home, ate some food, saw some puffy closed and made it home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty happy with the rear suspension. need to do some shock tuning, killed the ubolts, add a ramp to the spring hanger it stops progress abruptly, rear springs need to go back to deaver. the 'used' meant CLAPPED out. lost atleast an 1" of ride height from this trip. amazed that everything fit as well as it did for winging it. tires get into the top of the bump a little, but it just keeps em clean. very possible i will be going to a rubber bump in the rear now i have the bypasses.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts