Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering if anyone knows of or has seen brackets made to do disc brake conversion on a 1993 full floater 14 bolt. Ive been looking around and the only ones i seem to find are for 72/72-87 only. Ive seen weld on brackets, but I would prefer bolt ons if anyone knows if someone has developed them yet. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
1,408 Posts
The big detail is whether the drums just slide off once the wheel is taken off, or if you have to disassemble the wheel bearings etc.

If the drums just slide off, the hubs have to be machined to put a rotor on them.

If you have to take everything apart to get the drum off, the 87 and earlier kits work.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
IIRC all 90s truck 14 bolts have the drum-behind-hub configuration that will work with the common 73-87 brackets. I built a 95 SRW Truck, and a 93 DRW Truck 14FF using 73-87 brackets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brackets I ordered are for a 73-87 and after putting everything together my clearance between my rotor and bracket is .020" way to close for my comfort...my axle is the newer style two pinion support bearings with all the cooling fins on the diff housing...and the drumsjust slide off no pressed through studs.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The brackets I ordered are for a 73-87 and after putting everything together my clearance between my rotor and bracket is .020" way to close for my comfort...my axle is the newer style two pinion support bearings with all the cooling fins on the diff housing...and the drumsjust slide off no pressed through studs.
Right. I was specific on the configuration of the drums. Your axle came out of a suburban most likely. Your only choice is weld-on IIRC.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
try Ruffstuff. they have all sorts of disk brake brackets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts