Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still not sure what o-ring people are talking out of the stock(disc/drum) valve. I put disc f/r d44 and am using the merc 4disc MC. Got a good pedle but it doesnt seem to be useing the rear brakes that much. Any info would help. And yes i have already read all the fn threads on this :flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
buy the Summit prop valve for ~$35ish. I think I have mine set at the max reduction & it stops like a champ.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
mine looks physcially different but the specs are the same.....so yea, that's the one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Or go to inline tube and buy valved for Disk/disk for 99 bucks and bolt it awn, only need an adapter for the rear lines. Worked well for me.

-RJ

·
Registered
71 Posts
did you do this yet? I have the same problem with my fronts locking up way before my rear. I think the problem with using a summit valve is your not really fixing the problem. isnt this just reducing the pressure to the front to balance them out & now your fronts are just made worse to match the rears????

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
billdorn said:
did you do this yet? I have the same problem with my fronts locking up way before my rear. I think the problem with using a summit valve is your not really fixing the problem. isnt this just reducing the pressure to the front to balance them out & now your fronts are just made worse to match the rears????
No! Never put the prop valve in the front circuit.

If your rears aren't braking enough, you have to toss the stock combo valve and replace it with the adjustable IN THE REAR CIRCUIT.

If the rears hit too hard, then you can add the adjustable valve inline with the combo valve.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Shit can your stock prop valve and add inline residual pressure valves. 2 Psi's for disc and 10 psi's for drums. One RPV per axle. Then add your adjustable after your rear RPV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts