Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have run JT's kit yet. It just showed up yesterday and I am wondering if it is as good as it says? Sent drum birfs to bobby for fixin. ANY problems using the drum master with the disc brake calipers. My 40 is mid 70 ' and has the 10 mm flare nuts and the vacuum boosted master.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I assume JT's kit keeps the oh-so-strong coarse birfs? Even bobbyified, I still wouldn't trust them....but....

The drum master will likely have a residual valve to maintain pressure for the drums...you don't want that with the discs. See my tech schtuff for a pic of what it looks like from a later master.

I have at least four 6-spline birfs on the shelf....make great paperweights...

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
woody said:
I assume JT's kit keeps the oh-so-strong coarse birfs? Even bobbyified, I still wouldn't trust them....but....
I have at least four 6-spline birfs on the shelf....make great paperweights...
These Kalifornia boys, they just ain't right......... :shaking: :shaking:

Butch

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit Butch , If I fix it all up so it won't break then what would I work on. Plus it would be liable to lead to some god awful creation named after some chic that barely resembles a 40 and has some hybrid axles in it. ( although I dig grog's axles.)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
peesalot said:
woody , send them to me. Did you ever use the pitman I sent you ?
got yer address, expect a smelly care package next week...know for sure I have 2 not in use, might find a third, but gotta keep one for the paperweight factor....

unfortunately, the whole pitman thing was re-thought once I realized the monster ends from Luke would contact the springs at ride height...he and I worked up a custom drag and I kept a heim at the pitman side.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I did this with my 71. Unscrewed the Master cylinder where the front line went in, took out the restricter, screwed it all back together, bleed, and go.

HTH,

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
peesalot said:
shit Butch , If I fix it all up so it won't break then what would I work on. Plus it would be liable to lead to some god awful creation named after some chic that barely resembles a 40 and has some hybrid axles in it. ( although I dig grog's axles.)
Well have Woodman send me the pitman arm, and I will send you several drum BF's I think I have 4 at least on the shelf, what kind of pitman arm is it?
Butch

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Waggy pitman set for a fullsize tie rod ends....perfect for a 4x4Labs setup, but not on low SOA's...lol

I believe I've got it somewheres....might even be on the car trailer in the parts box....it'll be in OK in October....delivery won't be cheap tho :flipoff2:

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
peesalot said:
Plus it would be liable to lead to some god awful creation named after some chic that barely resembles a 40 and has some hybrid axles in it. ( although I dig grog's axles.)
I resemble that remark :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I've put BJ42 brakes on my '75, took the residual valve out. The rear wheels (stock drums) kept locking up, until a proportioning valve turned about halfway through solved the problem. Now the cruiser stops fine :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts