Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever put GM 1/2 ton Front Disk assy on a Scout II Dana 44 Rear?

And Has anybody ever had Drew or Anybody else @ Avalanche Engineering (durango'ish, CO) Cut knuckles to change caster? Good? Bad? Pissed off?

Recommendations on best price for replacing a Driveshaft tube?

Thanks,

-Z-
:shaking:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
FleetPride on the Lee Murry Bypass in Farmington can handle your drive shaft needs.

And I believe Avalance does their knuckle work at the Denver facility, not in Bayfield just north of here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaffer and Aggro

Thanks but I know several different locations that can tube me. I'm looking for price and performance type recommendations. If I just wanted a tube and balance, I'd use Abq Driveline. I'm more headed to opinions like "shop X uses a lathe to avoid balance problems or Shop Y only charged me a $1 an inch or Shop Z uses heavier tubing.

I thought so about the denver shop. Anybody closer to us that might be good at that sort of thing? I've not heard of anybody south of here that can be trusted from my mechanic buddy's in the area (hence the posting).

Aggro, I'm not looking for instructions or a picture book. More like the gotcha's associated with the 5 bolt, 6 bolt machining, weld on vs redrill. Fill or don't, worth it? or not, cost. You know, general opinions and the like. Or should I do that elsewhere?

Sorry my questions might have been too vague...

-Z-
Just because my title is "newbie" doesn't mean I was born yesterday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts